Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What Month Do You Usually Start Wearing Spring Clothes?

Around here, we generally begin to start wearing light colored winter clothing with neutrals in March.  I'll add light colored denim to black pants, and a white jacket occasionally.  Around the first of April, closets change over because afternoons are giving us warmer temperatures.

Because I leave so early, I may have on a little warm heat on in the car but I'm wearing sandals.  By mid morning, I'll be comfortable.

Bradford Pear and Weeping Cherry trees as well as daffodils are adding color everywhere.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Month Do You Usually Start Wearing Spring Clothes?

Somewhere around mid April if the weather cooperates.

Respected Contributor

In Michigan we are still cold into April (has snowed even) but we start wearing more transitional clothes then. Capris and sandals usually mid May to mid September.

I might have seen some bulb shoots but that is it is SE Michigan. It sounds like you live in a nice area. We are still in boots and gloves...mid 40's if we are lucky. 38 today. 20's at night. As long as it doesn't snow (or ice)I am a happy camper.

Honored Contributor

Another Michigan resident here who has no shame in saying I've worn pale or pastel colored corduroys through April, lol.

For me, it depends on the temperature. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Depends on the weather and temperature.  Usually wearing lightweight layers by late March so I can peel off sweaters, long-sleeved shirts, etc., as the day warms up.  We've had freezing rain and light snow here at the end of April, so I don't rush it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

In Michigan we are still cold into April (has snowed even) but we start wearing more transitional clothes then. Capris and sandals usually mid May to mid September.

I might have seen some bulb shoots but that is it is SE Michigan. It sounds like you live in a nice area. We are still in boots and gloves...mid 40's if we are lucky. 38 today. 20's at night. As long as it doesn't snow (or ice)I am a happy camper.

@wonderfulworld Very interesting.  I'm in W NC, only minutes south of Biltmore House.

Image result for asheville, nc in spring

When do you generally put capris away if they don't come out until possibly mid September?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The answer is layers,I dress according to the weather, forget the month. I am trying to get my wardrobe to 12 months.  There is very little that I can wear in December that I can’t wear in June. 

Honored Contributor

It all depends on the weather.  Here in Chicago, it's still pretty cold out.

I haven't seen anyone wearing too Springy yet. 

Respected Contributor

February.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I'm going up to the higher elevations here in Colorado then it's usually not until June that I can wear "Spring Clothes".  Even at the lower elevations I have to wait until late May, somewhere close to Memorial Day, before it gets comfortable enough to wear lighter clothes.