Honored Contributor

Re: What Items Will You Be Adding To Your Fall Wardrobe?

[ Edited ]

Only two items, but seemingly impossible to find:

1:  A nice calf length wool/cashmere coat, in camel, not double-breasted, no synthetic.

2:  2 pair of “riding” boots, solid color, 1 x to 1 1/2 flat heel, classic style.  I need a wide in boots, but NOT wide in the calf!  One pair black, one British Tan.  I had beautiful Etienne Aigner, but sadly wore them to bits.

It doesn’t seem that this would be SO hard, but I’m lost!  🧐🤔😦

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

1:  A nice calf length wool/cashmere coat, in camel, not double-breasted, no synthetic.

2:  2 pair of “riding” boots, solid color, 1 x to 1 1/2 flat heel, classic style.  I need a wide in boots, but NOT wide in the calf!  One pair black, one British Tan.  I had beautiful Etienne Aigner, but sadly wore them to bits.

Hi @Drythe

I don't have any suggestions for the coat, but I used to have the most wonderful riding-style boots from Joan and David in the early 90s.  Tall, black, exquisite leather, flat heels, with small criss-crossed straps around the ankle area as the only point of interest.  I can't find a picture online to show you.

Due to RA's damage to several joints in my feet, I finally gave them to my DD.  I loved those boots.

Anyway, it occurs to me that you might find a vintage pair you'd love, provided you can find your size.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I need a cardigan, would really like to have a long duster, semi-heavy.  It would be my winter coat.  I need a couple of pullover sweaters and I need socks, all my socks went belly up last winter.

@Imaoldhippie

Not sure what you want when it comes to socks but HSN has a great deal on the Copper Fit that are supposed to be really good for your circulation.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Hi @Drythe

I don't have any suggestions for the coat, but I used to have the most wonderful riding-style boots from Joan and David in the early 90s.  Tall, black, exquisite leather, flat heels, with small criss-crossed straps around the ankle area as the only point of interest.  I can't find a picture online to show you.

Due to RA's damage to several joints in my feet, I finally gave them to my DD.  I loved those boots.

Anyway, it occurs to me that you might find a vintage pair you'd love, provided you can find your size.

@GingerPeach

RA!  Exactly my problem.  I need the wide width in boots due to multiple surgeries, and the pressure from the all around, encasing fit of a boot, but NOT in my calf!  The wide calf makes me look like I'm wearing waders.  Sorry for the loss of your old friendly, classic boots - hopefully DD brings them to visit occasionally.

Thanks for the idea, I'll start looking around in the vintage areas.

I think of you often and hope you are well and in good spirits.

I confess that I am, and no doubt will be suffering from the loss of my beloved, baby, and his brother who died 8 weeks later.  I knew they would not survive long without one another.  {{{HUGS}}}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I usually wear leggings with boots and a nice top.  I would like to get some more bear paw boots in different colors.  I really do not wear dresses in the winter.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love fall clothes and colors.  There is absolutely nothing that I need BUT I purchased anyway.  Just got Susan Graver's LK tops with the rib trim because of the colors - plum raisin, green jasper, ginger spice and 4 pair of her printed liquid knit pants - fall colors.  Bought Belle's long cardigan in bordeaux.  Issac's vivid plum pants and vivid plum bell sleeve top (also bought the dark green one).  Love my fall colors.  I am on the look out for long cardigans - not true 39-41 inch duster length, but more like 35-37".  Not really looking for anything in particular, but I know something(s) will catch my eye.

Esteemed Contributor

I donated bags of old sweaters, coats, etc, last week.  I won't replace everything, but do need a couple new sweaters and a pair of black shooties to wear with black jeans.  Every season there are less and less items in my closets and drawers -- this is a good thing!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo.................thanks for the info.  Im looking for ankle socks to wear with my ankle boots and some knee socks to wear with my cowboy and tall boots in a light to medium weight.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

I just received some great wool ankle socks for boots from LL Bean. 

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

Believe it or not Walmart had some beautiful color tops in my fav color

of  that deep  wine/deep garnet shade. Not red, black or purple,  but, that

deep garnet shade. I got couple of tops that I could wear a cardigan over.