Honored Contributor

Re: What Items Will You Be Adding To Your Fall Wardrobe?

I picked up a couple of items (rain coat and plaid pants) at the Nordstrom sale and I have two pairs of suede loafers headed my way (navy and burgundy).  I have my eye out for a new blazer to wear with jeans this fall.  These are all wants not needs!

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@ALRATIBA @SoX

Can you two scooch over?  I want to come sit by you!

• ALRATiBA, if you would ever be willing to post pictures of your latest creations, I would love to drool over them! Your skills so remind me of my sister-in-law's late mother (my mentor) who was a master knitter. She helped me knit my once and only sweater. A few years ago I tried to make a pair of boot toppers and realized I forgot how to knit on circular needles! Just the other night I pulled out a skein of yarn and a crochet hook and started a Chevron scarf. I don't care how many times I have to start over, I am determined!

Again, I would love to see your work. It is a craft that I so admire.

@magicmoodz

I posted some a few weeks ago ... here

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Pre-Season-Fall-Fashions/m-p/4822356#M517563

@ALRATIBA

Oh my! Thank you for directing me to the other thread. Your pieces are amazing! My absolute favorites are the lime green tuck stitch pullover and the navy white and yellow cardigan is so unique. I can't even imagine how all those intricate lines were created.

How I would love to have you for a neighbor--to learn from and for creative inspiration. Hmm....I recently met a woman who has a condo across the street. When she tires of our weather she get on a plane to spend time at an apartment she keeps in Manhattan. Maybe I could make an arrangement with her. Haha! 

Thank you again for sharing your incredible works of art with me. Now I must get back to my Chevron scarf! 

Honored Contributor

I have everything I could want clothes and shoes wise, wish I could find a medium size cross body bag I like that doesn't cost 300 dollars. 

Trusted Contributor

I really don't need much of anything but I have little doubt that I will not buy a little something in the next few weeks! 

Maybe a couple dressy jackets and a sweater or two!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

While I can't think of anything I need, I'm sure I'll pick up an item or two as I run across things I really like. I did very well with not buying just to buy for Spring/Summer, I find it harder to stick with that for Fall/Winter.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz

Thanks!  That sweater was done in mitered squares in two sizes:  2.5" and 5" modules.   If you look for books of Modular Knitting ... it's an easy technique to learn ... and one of my favorite things to do.  It becomes addicting!   (Iris Schreier's book is a good start.)  

You start with one square and then keep adding to that one by picking up and knitting another mitered square.   If you plan just right, there are no seams.  All you have to do is add a border when done. 

That one was all garter stitch - knit each row, and random changes of yarn from the navy to yellow to white.  Some small squares have repeat color patterns for "effect."

It's really fun to do.  None of my sweaters come out the same way.

Trusted Contributor

I will be adding the long trench coat and a few other items from Linea. 

Respected Contributor

Maryland weather can be unpredictable. Currently it's warm and stormy and I've seen 80s in October. But I've been refreshing my fall wardrobe. I'm getting away from heavy sweaters, only save them for when temps are 30 and under. I've got some dresses, cardigans, jeans, and a new duster. Majority of it from the Q during the fall preseason sale, and Evine.
Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@magicmoodz

Thanks!  That sweater was done in mitered squares in two sizes:  2.5" and 5" modules.   If you look for books of Modular Knitting ... it's an easy technique to learn ... and one of my favorite things to do.  It becomes addicting!   (Iris Schreier's book is a good start.)  

You start with one square and then keep adding to that one by picking up and knitting another mitered square.   If you plan just right, there are no seams.  All you have to do is add a border when done. 

That one was all garter stitch - knit each row, and random changes of yarn from the navy to yellow to white.  Some small squares have repeat color patterns for "effect."

It's really fun to do.  None of my sweaters come out the same way.

@ALRATIBA

Thank you for educating me on Modular knitting. I may never accomplish the art of it, but will probably purchase a book or two just to have and study.😄

I am amazed that your navy, yellow and white (couture looking) cardigan is all garter stitch. It is so beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

A medium weight hip-length warm jacket. I made the mistake of buying a D&C fleece long jacket last year in black. Big mistake because cat fur sticks like glue to it - what an embarrassment - it's almost impossible to get it off. It'll get washed and will go to Goodwill sometime this summer!.