Honored Contributor

Re: What Is that on Susan Graver's neck?

[ Edited ]

She's been wearing a scarf a lot lately.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

Maybe chokers are another item from the 70s that she's trying to bring back? I haven't seen them anywhere else, but I don't inhabit the fashion sites like some. Maybe @lolakimono could provide some insight, or @LTT1. They're the experts!

@MaggieMack

I DO have insight RE Graver's choker.

I have heard her mention on various shows that her neck is starting to look CREPEY and show her age.

Smoke and mirrors, baby!

Respected Contributor

I found several articles online (most from Spring 2015, but some from Fall as well) that talk about how the choker necklace is a current trend: "At first glance you might think you have traveled back to another place and time. Fear not, there is nothing wrong with you. It is true that the once highly-sought-after look of the choker necklace has made a comeback." (This from a site discussing fall trends.)

She appears to have had her neck smoothed, as she does not appear to have the 
crepee neck she always had and she always mentioned.
I'd say she was hiding some type of mark that was from a procedure.
When I saw her today, she looked quite different.
I only wish I had the money to do that!

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I found several articles online (most from Spring 2015, but some from Fall as well) that talk about how the choker necklace is a current trend: "At first glance you might think you have traveled back to another place and time. Fear not, there is nothing wrong with you. It is true that the once highly-sought-after look of the choker necklace has made a comeback." (This from a site discussing fall trends.)

i won't be wearing a choker. i didn't wear them years ago and i won't now.  don't like the feeling on my neck.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I think they used to be called "dog collars." I didn't like it. It looked like an advertisement saying I got a bad neck and am hiding it. 

or a hickeyWoman LOL

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".