Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Major Neutral Color?

I love earth tones, even in furnitureSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Denim blue. I wear blue jeans with almost everything in my closet.

@SilleeMee  Thank you! I do this, too. I get so tired of the host saying this or that blue clothing item (especially shoes) is "denim friendly"! I wear every color in my closet with blue denim--except for blue, which is a very occasional pairing, maybe a blue print top with my jeans.

Up until yesterday, I didn't even own a pair of blue shoes! I got a pair of Clarks sandals in Navy. They are enough contrast that I may wear them with blue jeans.

Respected Contributor

To answer the question...black is my major neutral, especially on the bottom. For tops, I like color, sometimes mixed with black, sometimes with other colors.

Honored Contributor

When in doubt, wear black....it is just easy to wear!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Green is my neutral.  If it's ok with Mother Nature to use the color for the leaves of almost every plant in the world regardless of stem, trunk, or petal colors, then it's ok for me. 

I also use creamy whites and navy more often than black for my other neutrals. 

@Trix I had an interior decorator friend who put greens in houses: walls, tiles, etc.  She said grass and leaves are green; God made all those greens in all shades, tones.  They go with all color flowers.  So she loved to talk her clients into green.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

To answer the question...black is my major neutral, especially on the bottom. For tops, I like color, sometimes mixed with black, sometimes with other colors.

@vermint 

I like that combination but I am trying to do more black atop and white or beige/tan/taupe bottoms.  I am top heavy and the black atop makes me appear smaller on top and the lighter colors on bottom make my derriere look more plentiful.

Honored Contributor

Navy is my main neutral color.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Navy is my major neutral color. Our last trip before covid was

a Viking Danube River Cruise. I built a capsule wardrobe around

navy and white for the trip.

I can wear black pants, but black near my face makes me look like Morticia Adams.

Honored Contributor

Ivory or off-white is my major neutral color..

I never wore black until about 20 years ago. My mom didn't like it, so she convinced me I didn't like it either. I didn't OWN anything black!

I was asked to model for a charity event. We met with the dresser at one of the stores and she pulled a black outfit for me. I looked at her and said, "I don't wear black. I don't look good in it." She said, "Why not? You're blonde. You would look great in this." So I tried it, and the other models thought I looked great. And I started wearing black. Now it's all over my wardrobe.

And I guess black would be my "winter" neutral!

I love navy too!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Trix wrote:

Green is my neutral.  If it's ok with Mother Nature to use the color for the leaves of almost every plant in the world regardless of stem, trunk, or petal colors, then it's ok for me. 

I also use creamy whites and navy more often than black for my other neutrals. 

@Trix I had an interior decorator friend who put greens in houses: walls, tiles, etc.  She said grass and leaves are green; God made all those greens in all shades, tones.  They go with all color flowers.  So she loved to talk her clients into green.

@Nonametoday  I'm on the same page as your interior decorator friend.  My home reflects the same use of greens as my wardrobe.