Honored Contributor

Re: What Is (Are) Your Favorite "Go To" Tops (1-3) That Are Always Perfect?

@ECBG wrote:

@Carmie THAT  Girl is true dedication for sure!!!Smiley Happy

One of these days I am going to take a pic to post.  I might need wide angle lens.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Do You have a few top pieces that you could wear constantly?  There's something about the fabric, cut, or color that you absolutely love!

Mine would be my Eileen Fisher black linen button down shirt.  The late summer one has the perfect length and weight.

Next would be the black eyelet button down with side laces shirt I got from Chicos at the beginning of the summer.  (I also got it in white.).

(As you can tell, my main neutral is black!)Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Glad you have found some nice EF items.  The last 4 I purchased were no better than a mart version of clothing.  I still find a few items I like at Chico but not like I once did.  

In Spring and Summer, I find myself heading to the Ivanka cotton tops (for casual) and Stein-Mart linens (for a dressier and casual look). I still enjoy my Bryn Walker tops but they are of a different genre (thank you for advising me on them, @ECBG).  I have enjoyed these tops and have purchased a new one each spring.

I have some Peter Nygard and Ralph Laruen things that I enjoy Fall and Winter.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Do You have a few top pieces that you could wear constantly?  There's something about the fabric, cut, or color that you absolutely love!

Mine would be my Eileen Fisher black linen button down shirt.  The late summer one has the perfect length and weight.

Next would be the black eyelet button down with side laces shirt I got from Chicos at the beginning of the summer.  (I also got it in white.).

(As you can tell, my main neutral is black!)Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Glad you have found some nice EF items.  The last 4 I purchased were no better than a mart version of clothing.  I still find a few items I like at Chico but not like I once did.  

In Spring and Summer, I find myself heading to the Ivanka cotton tops (for casual) and Stein-Mart linens (for a dressier and casual look). I still enjoy my Bryn Walker tops but they are of a different genre (thank you for advising me on them, @ECBG).  I have enjoyed these tops and have purchased a new one each spring.

I have some Peter Nygard and Ralph Laruen things that I enjoy Fall and Winter.

@Nonametoday The year I worked at Dillards, the mgr of Ladies Ready To Wear had a contest on Nyguard.  If we sold 3 pieces we got three pieces.  I sold so much that I was recognized by the Nyguard company and sent a pin to wear.

She also found if she wanted to sell a new style, she would give one to me and they were soon gone.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Dillard's has a very pretty new brand (not sure if it is theirs or someone else) that I was interested in.  I cannot, for the life of me, recall the name.  It was there a couple weeks ago when I was on that floor.  It is very near the Bryn Walker, Missoni and EF.  So, I assume it is considered a mid-range brand.  I am going back and write down the name, try on some pieces and let you know.  If I remember to go there.  LOL.

Respected Contributor

Talbots 3/4 sleeve bateau neck T-shirt’s in warm weather and Karen Scott turtleneck sweaters in cold weather.
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG 

Dillard's has a very pretty new brand (not sure if it is theirs or someone else) that I was interested in.  I cannot, for the life of me, recall the name.  It was there a couple weeks ago when I was on that floor.  It is very near the Bryn Walker, Missoni and EF.  So, I assume it is considered a mid-range brand.  I am going back and write down the name, try on some pieces and let you know.  If I remember to go there.  LOL.

@Nonametoday The thing I always appreciated about Dillards was, their "house brands" were always of the upmost in quality except for a few names that were in the lower price range.  I'm speaking Of Antonio Melano, chic career and coordinates, Alex Marie their lady like line,  Gianni Bini their young person line.

Investments was ok.  I went there for quality like Chaus.  Their straight skirts were good if you occasionally needed one and didn't want to pay the price of Jones.

That was 2010.  They didn't have Bryn Walker, Cece, or I C Collection.  We did have some items come in very much like those brands under Nyguard.  The head of Ladies Ready To Wear would give me pieces so I would wear them and sell them.

Honored Contributor

This year I have fallen in love with prints, especially flowers.  That means Belle and Tolani.  Last year it was One World for the same reason.  You can go through my closet from left to right and pretty much date what year they are from.  About half way down you will hit the solids from Linea and D&C.  They rarely got pulled out this spring and summer.  So, no, nothing is perfect for more than a season or year.

Honored Contributor

I answered earlier but never mentioned my favorite go to.  For the summer it was actually a navy blue pullover polo shirt by Martha Stewart that I purchased for under $20.  Excellent fabric and very comfortable.  You'll have to wait for the fall/winter answer.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Out of all the really nice tops I do have ....

the ones I grab most often are my Land’s End supima cotton relaxed fit V neck t shirts -

I have multiples in black and charcoal along with a few other  deeper colors as well - imostly in short sleeve,

Just received their newest  3/4 sleeve tunic in black in the supima recently - got 2.

Added it to my Christmas list in the charcoal just recently.

Nice fabric that holds up well. Nice basic T’s.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I purchased several Isaac Mizrahi Pima cotton elbow sleeve, mock neck and turtle neck tops. Beautiful colors!!!!! Feels so RICH!!!!!!