Respected Contributor

What I noticed in Germany store windows last week!

I saw a lot of Blue Denim Jean Jackets, Florals, Metallic Athletic shoes and Distressed jeans.  I also noticed seaside prints like Lobsters, star fish etc. on summer dresses and tops. Red Lobsters on a medium blue fine stripe for example  Skinny high heels but also comfort low heels in dress shoes. 

It makes me want to bring out the jean jackets and pop a color like a red purse and shoes.  As always scarves are in vogue for all seasons. I love scarves anyway. I did see about the same in the bright colored hair as here as well as tattoos.

Honored Contributor

Re: What I noticed in Germany store windows last week!

Thanks for sharing   @Gorgf. Where were you in Germany?  It's interesting to see the different styles when traveling abroad. 

I loved shopping in Paris, London and Italy (everywhere in Italy Woman LOL). My favorite shopping was in Milan ( plus nearby Switzerland outlet malls...yes, Gucci, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana) and Rome for clothing and accessories. Florence for jewelry and  leather - jackets & accessories. Tuscany for their amazing stoneware and household items which I ordered and shipped home. We are overdue for another excursion!

Hope you had an enjoyable journey. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I are headed to Stuttgard on Sunday for work.  Excited to go because I have yet to go to Germany.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

My DH and I are headed to Stuttgard on Sunday for work.  Excited to go because I have yet to go to Germany.

Wishing you save travels. Pack light so you have room to bring home new goodies.  And pack a foldable tote or extra bag so you can fill it up when you go shopping.  

Do some online research before you leave about what to shop for and where to shop. Ask the locals where to shop. Have fun! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I forgot about store windows and window shopping.  It sounds like they have the same fashions that are trending here in the states. Back in the 60's our fashions came from London and Britain.  Mini skirts and go go boots.  The Twiggy look...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

you might want to try checking out QVC Germany ( QVC.de ) to see the styles they wear/sell.   They have Denim & Co and Susan Graver and many other lines. And reviews too.

when i went to Germany 20 years ago their styles were really much the same as the states.    A German 2nd cousin visited the US 2 years ago and her outfits were really kitsch looking... meant to ask her if she might like to try QVC fashions

Trusted Contributor

A very interesting article to read, if you might be interested, is in the New Yorker, the April 16th issue:

"Made In Italy."

It is all about huge numbers of Chinese who have moved legally and illegally into Italy and are taking over production of many textile and leather labels coming out of Italy. 

The article was well resourced and seven pages long.

Anyone interested in this topic would do well to read this.

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I saw a lot of Blue Denim Jean Jackets, Florals, Metallic Athletic shoes and Distressed jeans.  I also noticed seaside prints like Lobsters, star fish etc. on summer dresses and tops. Red Lobsters on a medium blue fine stripe for example  Skinny high heels but also comfort low heels in dress shoes. 

It makes me want to bring out the jean jackets and pop a color like a red purse and shoes.  As always scarves are in vogue for all seasons. I love scarves anyway. I did see about the same in the bright colored hair as here as well as tattoos.

I just saw a cute Soft Surroundings blouse that's sounds and looks just like the ones you mentioned. Those little Koy might be in swimmin' my future.The Koy Pond Shirt!

Image result for soft surroundings Koi Pond Shirt

Trusted Contributor

I love the fashion sense and style in Berlin- very edgy!  Other parts of Germany seem to be more classic with a focus on high quality, well made items.

Respected Contributor

Jean jackets seem to be all the rage now. I have many of them from Diane Gilman about 10 years ago. i still love wearing them.