Valued Contributor

Re: What I Wore (w/e 9/23/23)...

@MacDuFF   Love the Chucks!  

Super Contributor

I looove my Chucks @DrakesMomma

Thanks @tends2dogs   The only jeans I have wide enough to wear over my cowboy boots are my Dad jeans, which is all kinds of wrong. I like them best with skinny jeans.  Thankfully, I kept two pairs of old Guiliana jeggings. It'll be interesting to see how much I wear the boots, especially after all these years of wondering.

@wilma   I imagine your Mom was so proud hearing you sing Ave Maria...such a beautiful song. I don't know a thing technical about singing, but don't you have to have a lot of "range" to sing that song?

WOW @Sooner!   Pics or it didn't happen (haha). Roping cattle or trick roping? I could never get the hang of roping, but I have a lot of respect for those who can do it. Just curious, and, of course, you don't have to tell, but why haven't you ridden in 40 years?!

Here are some pics of my rodeo days (from my photo album...sorry about the quality.  I should have turned off the flash).

Me (left) and a girlfriend...Elsie on the far right!

Some of the cowboys doing their thing (I had a big crush on the guy in the middle...he looked good in his jeans, that's for sure Smiley Very Happy).

Back at the ranch after the rodeo...yeah, yeah I had Hair back in the day, but my kid sister (right) had HAIR!!

Thanks for the memories!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF  The pictures are great!  You and your sister look so much alike.  Do you still? So funny, I am sure we are around the same age and I have pictures of myself with hair just like this.....same color and style.  The thing is, my hair is still this style, only white.  Woman Surprised

Your post gave me a flashback memory.  In 2006, I was going into a rehab session for my shoulder.  I wore my cowboy boots over LEVIS and get this.......a suede jacket with fringe!  The therapist (a young, cute guy that I got along well with) said, "oh, is today cowboy day? " or some western crack.  I was really embarrassed. 

I think that was the day the boots went into the donation bag.  Woman Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF Love love your pictures!  Beautiful and happy girls, good lookin' real cowboys.

My roping days were short lived although productive.  My dad would have skinned me  alive if he's caught me chasing those steers! Latch-key kid sneaking around.  The hard part was getting the rope off!!!  But I was good!  LOL!!!

The herd was not near the house, so my "victims" were steers in a small pasture waiting to sell when my dad had time.  Grew up around faming, cattle, Native Americans and the wild wild west in Indian Territory!  

Haven't ridden because I went to college and moved to the big city for a job. Love horses more than anything and even love the way they smell to this day!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF wrote:

@wilma   I imagine your Mom was so proud hearing you sing Ave Maria...such a beautiful song. I don't know a thing technical about singing, but don't you have to have a lot of "range" to sing that song?

@MacDuFF 

Yes. She loved that song and hearing me sing it.

IMO It's a difficult song to sing well. Sounds best with a tenor or first soprano, although it has been transposed to lower keys for other vocal ranges. Requires good breath & lung control to sound smooth and prayerful. I still get a bit anxious when I have to sing it. 

P.S. Love seeing the old photographs! 🤠 🐎 

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

And others who are interested...

My husband found a few photos of my "band days".  These photos are from an outdoor festival. I remember it was a very hot summer day so most of us are in shorts. ☀️

I'm the one in the black shorts and black and white top.

We sang country, folk, and gospel music. We had guitars, banjos, and a stand up bass. We also had a violinist, but she's not in these photos. 

IMG_2966.jpeg

IMG_2967.jpeg

Super Contributor

Thank you for posting the pics @wilma ...you look simply beautiful in the second pic...so joyful and full of life!  That has to be the biggest bass I've ever seen.  Lots of good memories, I'll bet.  (I love looking at my old photo albums...I'm a dinosaur!)  Glad to hear your sister is on the mend, too...continued prayers for her to quickly regain strength and energy.

@Sooner  I've been a city girl and suburbanite most of my life (I live in a semi-rural area now because Handsome is here haha), so, from my perspective, growing up in the country sounds so exciting! 

@tends2dogs  I have four younger sisters (Help. Me!) and, if you put any two of us together, there would be no doubt that we're sisters.  You know those side-by-side pics showing how owners resemble their pets?  When you said your hair was white, all I could think of was Snowball hahaha!  BTW, I heard our song today.  "I hear a Voice, and He calls me redeemed..."

I hope everyone is having a great week!

blowing kisses.gif

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF Sounds exciting to me too!  I grew up in a small town, next to a large city (for ancient times when I was young) about a mile from our farming business--a large farm of wheat and soybeans.  

We had horses at our home, lots of land to ride them in, and about 100 cattle some distance away at another location.  SO, I had the best of everything!  In a beautiful location.  I was very blessed as a kid.