Honored Contributor

Re: What Happened to Vince Camuto on HSN?

I agree it will not be the same great prices and free shipping with QVC.  

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper

Thanks for the info !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkzwrote:

???  Didn’t he pass on a year or two ago ???  Maybe the remaining company is changing ?

I think he died about 3 years ago.

Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]

I think some of the lines are going to move around to the other network .Just a thoughtSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

No more VC on HSN? I hate that. I have so many, many, pairs of his shoes. Could you imagine $129 shoes marked down to 39.99 and with 4 flexpays? Most of the shoes I bought in two different colors and wide width.

So glad i bought them then because I don't think I'll be able to buy anymore.

Honored Contributor

They are beautiful shoes. I got my daughter a pr of his boots on clearance. They were over $200, and I got them for about $25 with a coupon. They were the last pr in a small size, 5

Respected Contributor

I also fear that we will get no more great bargains from this line with the move.  I am concerned about this happening to other lines.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18wrote:

I also fear that we will get no more great bargains from this line with the move.  I am concerned about this happening to other lines.

Agree with you. I think we all know that when a line moves from HSN to QVC, the deals and possibly the quality is going to change and not for the better. VC occasionally made items just for HSN. The quality was excellent and equaled anything you would find on his site or from Nordstrom (where I would check out his shoes for colors, designs, etc). The fact that HSN offered ALL his sizes and Nordstrom did not was a thrill. HSN offered more or all the colors in a design, Nordstrom did not. Then there were the prices....FANTASTIC. 

BTW, if you are not signed up to get his emails/coupons from his site...DO SO. The deals are superb and rival what HSN offered. I won't give up his shoes, I'll just buy them when he has great sales on his site. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametodaywrote:

@jlkzwrote:

???  Didn’t he pass on a year or two ago ???  Maybe the remaining company is changing ?

I think he died about 3 years ago.

Vince Camuto died in 2015, but when talking about licensed brand collections like we have been buying, most of the items were probably designed by the behind the scenes ghost team. 

This switch of Camuto fashions and accessories from HSN to QVC may be the first of many.  There is alreayd some crossover with name brand home and electronics (Samsung, Apple, HP, Dell, Bissell, Dyson come to mind). There could also be a day when we see crossover of some fashion brands in that they appear on both networks. 

I suspect that in time we might also see some of the HSN pricing methods go by the wayside (more items with free shipping; more items on flex pay; higher percentage off for sale merchandise; and less carry over of the same fashion items year after year).   Only time will tell which way the wind shifts as Liberty widens the umbrella on HSN and QVC becoming more of an obvious one company under two names operation.  

I just saw that today too,but if I recall, QVC has purchased HSn, I heard it on the news some months back