Not applicable

What Happened to Boyne Valley weavers?

Where did Matt Dolan go? Why aren't Boyne Valley Weavers on any of the Irish shows anymore? They featured actual plus sized clothes, where did they go? I miss that Silver Fox, and they lovely merchandise he brought with him.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Happened to Boyne Valley weavers?

Matt was one of my favorite vendors. I own many items from Boyne Valley Weavers. Quite a few of my favorite vendors and lines have disappeared.

Esteemed Contributor

I, too, was wondering the same thing!! I really like his clothing line...so exquisite! And I thought he was one of the best looking men on the Irish shows!!

Honored Contributor

Glad you posted the question- no answer?
Super Contributor

I missed him too. I still have a beautiful jacket of theirs that I love.

Super Contributor

Jane said in her Facebook chat last night that Matt was not able to make it this year in response to several questions on the subject. There were several posters concerned that he may have had a health issue, but she specifically said that was not the case and he was simply not able to make it yesterday.
Contributor

I wonder if Jane is trying to be polite. If you search for Boyne Valley Weaver there is only five products availabe and four of them are a clearance price. Nothing new. Sadly, it looks like Matt may not be back in future shows.

Valued Contributor

I wondered about him too yesterday! Hope he returns next year.

Honored Contributor

It may not be worth it to them to spend the time and prep and travel funds if they don't have the TSV AND they are only doing a few hours of Irish programming throughout the day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I actually did see Boyne Valley Weaver sweaters in Ireland. When I saw them on the Q they were the real deal. The sweaters, heavy, wooly, were not something I would buy and they were very, very expensive (in Ireland). Perhaps they are too expensive now for us or perhaps they lost their appeal here.