Respected Contributor
On 10/2/2014 StuffyBug said: Susan does mention when an item was/is made in the USA, but it was infrequently so even in years past.

This. I know there have been times in the past when posters have been confused about this issue, thinking that ALL of her clothing was made in the US. She usually mentions it for specific garments (and for some reason, I have the idea it is one particular type of knit she uses -- can't remember which one! -- which has pieces made in the US).

P.S. Did any of you happen to see the blog Sandra wrote about visiting Susan's design studio in Manhattan with Pat? I thought it was an interesting read.

Esteemed Contributor

Sadly to keep the price down the garments have to be made outside of the USA. My problem is sizing. American clothing seems more uniform in sizing. Not so when we make it beyond our borders (in my humble opinion). I do like her clothes. They wear well and I can pack them without having to worry about wrinkles.

Esteemed Contributor
Something like 99% of all clothing sold in the US is made outside of the US. Sad, but that's a reality of the fashion industry right now. This trend is not unique to SG.
Honored Contributor

I used to adore Susan's clothing, bought an awful lot of it, especially loved her initial thinner polyester that looked and felt like silk, even had striations, can't remember the name of it, but it became thicker and stiffer and eventually I lost interest in it. I just don't care for what she's been doing, the ultra-thin stretchy fabrics and omg... I'm sooooo sick of animal prints!

I don't care how they're presented, I don't want another animal print in my closet! I've purchased a few items (love the placement prints, ikat prints, etc.) but have been usually disappointed in the fabric or fit or the quality of how it was made. I've just stopped buying clothing on QVC like I used to.... it's a shame because I loved the convenience of it.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I remember.... LOL, Liquid Knit, I don't like Liquid Knit (I know I'm the only one)...

And I loved the Original Peachskin.... loved it!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

I also LOVE THE ORIGINAL PEACH SKIN ! I don't know what they have done to it but its very stiff, thick and cheap looking now. Also sick and tired of the ANIMAL PRINTS !!! I have as much animal print as Im going to buy. Some of the prints that she brings to us are just GARISH and cheap looking!

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/5/2014 NanaS said:

I also LOVE THE ORIGINAL PEACH SKIN ! I don't know what they have done to it but its very stiff, thick and cheap looking now. Also sick and tired of the ANIMAL PRINTS !!! I have as much animal print as Im going to buy. Some of the prints that she brings to us are just GARISH and cheap looking!

I also loved the original peachskin shells in basic colors. The shells washed and dried so nicely.