Super Contributor

Re: What Do You Think of This New Trend?

I don't know if I would take the advice of a QVC host on what is on the cutting edge of fashion. 

Honored Contributor

Everything old is new again when you can't come up with something original.

Esteemed Contributor

If someone wants to wear this look that is for them to decide. Doesn't bother me at all.

Respected Contributor

My mom said when she was in high school in the 1940s they wore cardigan sweaters backwards. I never saw it in my time.

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

If someone wants to wear this look that is for them to decide. Doesn't bother me at all.

Exactly. Why would I not be "OK with it"?

Respected Contributor

Old episodes of Happy Days show the girls wearing their cardigan sweaters backwards usually with a string of pearls.

I also remember British styled quilted short floral jackets in the mid-60s.  I remember meeting my mother after she finished work to buy me one of those quilted floral cotton jackets.  Loved it.

Also, the Pilgrim shoes with the big brass buckles.  Late 60s, early 70s.

As a teenager, I loved fashion so much that my father gave me subscriptions to about twelve fashion magazines.  Those were the days.  There were so many trends in those days.

Honored Contributor

I still like those short print jackets.  Some were quilted.

I'd like to see a return of shorter, maybe quilted, or smooth silky shorter print jackets.

Very nice for Spring, although might be nice in Fall paisley prints, too.  

Can wear them over longer Fall colors tops, for more coverage. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I don't see anything " chic" about it either. I would just wonder why someone was wearing two shirts without putting one of them on, it is already getting into the upper 90's here..,no way would I put another layer of anything on top of my shirt.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess Yup. Everything old is new again. There's nothing new under the sun.

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY  In the 70's I had two short quilted floral jackets. One had a navy background and the other a sage green background. I made two cotton tiered skirts to go with the jackets, solid navy and solid sage. With them I wore platform espadrilles that matched the skirts and they had long ties that wrapped around my ankles and tied, so cute. I loved those two outfits.