Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Think Of These "Necklace-Scarfs?"

I think for practical purposes and marketability she could scale them down considerably and use them as hairbands/tie backs

Honored Contributor

If any of you who crochet and are interested .... lots of crochet necklace patterns/books available on Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

I've also made crochet pieces to wear in place of a scarf or necklace. But I agree, these are way too big. Mine are always quite small. What I like about them for summer is that casual metal jewelry tends to tarnish on bare skin, and scarves are too warm and fussy. Summer ones can be made from cotton or other fine-gauge washable yarn. I can make one to match an outfit and not feel bad when I'm done with it. Beads can also be incorporated in the designs for a bit of variety.

Trusted Contributor

Horrible,I would not wear them,maybe some one else

Honored Contributor

I think they are interesting and the person who made them is creative but I can't imagine anyone actually wearing them.

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely not my style!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they are lovely and i would wear them at lot--for me, having a visual thing to look at would kind of detract from the fact that I have no"girls" due to a double mastectomy for cancer. Now i am not ashamed about my decision but but flat chest  makes my tummy more prominent because there isn't anything on top to balance the front of me out. i try to wear things with patterns to camouflage. these would be a really nice thing for me. People would notice but not notice. Beautiful hand work--I like the smaller ones--the daisies are adorable. Is there a web site?

Occasional Contributor

Been around for awhile. My daughter used the round style that was made into a little tiny purse necklace to carry her lunch money in. She was in middle school, she's 42 now. I still have the necklace hanging up with my jewelry. Fun stuff!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

over my dead body...maybe

Not even then....

Awful.

Honored Contributor

Too crafty looking and oversized for me. They wouldn't work with my tailored understated style. They remind me of the boho hippie style of the 1970s.