Honored Contributor

What Do You Think Of These Shoes?

[ Edited ]

By Twisted X, sold on QVC, called MocBoat shoes.  Never heard of this brand before.  A534551

Leather upper with faux hair, rubber soles similar to jogging sneakers.  The background appears to be a bit yellow in this photo, but the shoe is very white with black spots.  

For some reason, I wanted to see if this brand used a real animal pattern or they made it up.  The manufacturer is calling it "hair on hide."

I thought it might be a spotted cow or a horse, but it doesn't look like a cow pattern to me.  Just to make sure, I looked up spotted cows.

The only cows I could find with the closest spots are Holsteins...below. Couldn't find a better photo of the second cow.  Most Holsteins have large solid black patches or patches with some spots.  Some spots are clustered, but the cows are not spotted all over.  

See the source image

See the source image

Of all the photos of spotted horses I saw on the internet, the Appaloosa was closest to the shoes.  The two below are called Leopard Appaloosas.  The first is white and dark brown.  Second, white and black.  

See the source image

See the source image

I'm calling the shoes' pattern Leopard Appaloosa.  So, why is this important?  It's not, but I learned a lot about spotted cows and horses.  Lol.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Think Of These Shoes?

@Foxxee - I like them! DH grew up on a dairy farm, where they had a lot of Holsteins. These shoes remind me of the cows I used to see when we visited.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Foxxee - I like them! DH grew up on a dairy farm, where they had a lot of Holsteins. These shoes remind me of the cows I used to see when we visited.  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom 

Yes, the photos are Holsteins bringing back good memories for you.  

Esteemed Contributor

They are so fun! 🐄 

Respected Contributor

Don't care for the shoes, but love the cow's and appaloosa's showing off their spots. Such beauties. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dapper!  Are they comfortable?  They look like they are.

They could definitely be a signature look.  I'm into black and white these days, in my garden and home, and I could just see these on the porch waiting to be worn.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Oh Lawwwd. Not. My. Style. ...even without the cow print!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I refuse to wear anything with hair on it, shoes, handbags, etc.

No desire to look or feel like a caveman.

Not surprised that the brand is called "Twisted X".

JMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

So cute! And I loved reading about all the spotted cuties. Pretty amazing like a painting. I wonder if the cows and horses think they look as great as I think they do!😄

As for the shoes, I do like them except that they are made in leather,

esp after seeing these pictures of these beautiful animals.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Foxxee   What, no pics of dalmations?  LOL  I like the pics, though.  As for the shoes, the only black and white shoes I have worn or will wear are saddle shoes, spectators or the white sneakers with the 3 black stripes on them.  🐄

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread