Respected Contributor

Re: What Do You Think Of Flatforms? (Not platforms).

That style has been around for ages, literally ages.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

That style was popular in the early 1970s.   

@ALRATIBA,Interesting.  I was studying design then and never saw that style.  I also took every fashion magazine at that time.  Living in one of the largest cities in the state the next year, I never saw them.

I DO remember when our design professor came in with strappy red patent platform heels!  Although within six months I was wearing them, they were a shock!  She was in her early 30's and I loved seeing what she wore.  She made most of her own clothes and had amazing talent and was very inspireing.

Honored Contributor

Herman Munster's were more like the brother creeper style that were popular in the 50s and 60s

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom  I worked with catty women so of course they were going to criticize my new shoes.  I was so thrilled to see any kind of platform/flatform coming back into style I didn't care.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom  I worked with catty women so of course they were going to criticize my new shoes.  I was so thrilled to see any kind of platform/flatform coming back into style I didn't care.

Good for you, I don't consider Bride of Frankenstein or Herman Munster to be a pejorative reference regardless of the intent of the commenter. I'd just say "thank you". The same way that I don't define feminine as stilettos. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Flat forms are a new style.  I guess people liked the look of platforms but wanted a flat foot.  At least they offer more support than those thin soled flat sandals.

I think they're over the line of being too heavy.

The first two are Fly London.

FLY London Leather Platflorm Sandals - Bora - A290447

FLY London Slip-on Shoes with Adj. Strap - Bana - A283460

Image result for flatform shoes

Image result for flatform shoes

I love this style of shoes.  Whether or not I could wear them is quite a different matter.  They are cute and rather sexy!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

I'm kind of surprised, but I really like the bottom two black ones...not that I'm going to run out and buy a pair, but I won't rule it out completely.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

At 5'3'', I'd enjoy the extra inches at times.  I always have to evaluate shoes in terms of my poor, decrepit little feet-- having had two surgeries so far, I need to baby them and wear round toes mostly and lower heels, blah.

Now paying the penalty for dashing around in heels for most of my working life, sigh.

Honored Contributor

I thought these things were called "elevator" shoes and were wore mostly by short men. 

I can just see my size 11 foot in these monstrosities. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@ECBG

I'm kind of surprised, but I really like the bottom two black ones...not that I'm going to run out and buy a pair, but I won't rule it out completely.

@MacDUFF,Good luck.  I didn't look to see who the vendor was, I google imaged "flatform shoes".  I must have gotten 50 pictures!