Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Look For In Clothing Design?

[ Edited ]

I look for clothing that blends well with golden retriever hair.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I look for .... hopefully a mirror & then won't buy .... If worst of all I lol or think who told her that looks good?

I find it difficult to tell with items or combos I already own whether I have made complimentary selections at times , but a hint to owners of security cameras -- to decide about an outfit view yourself wearing it .

Honored Contributor

I buy clothes that are excellent quality and won't be out of style if you sneeze.  Somewhat conservative with an edge.  Shoes and boots that are comfortalbe - no high heels. Lightweight, leather handbagsCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Edgy different clothing  which include slub knit, spaced dyed etc. 

Like uneven hems but not too long. 

Jeans that fit perfectly - all styles except high waist.

Colors that flatter.

Denim vests.

Boots - especially moto type.

Don't care for classic styles

No high necks - especially turtlenecks.

No high end designer handbags. 

Never maxi dresses.

Don't care for prints.

Never any scarves!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh I'm surely not going to make a long list of things I don't like! Kind-of silly. I love everything and am willing to shake up my wardrobe by trying a lot of things I thought I wouldn't like. And I really don't understand the OP disliking anything "man-made"? What does that mean?? Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I prefer classic clothing that are tailored and timeless. I purchase the basics like blazers, jackets, coats, black slacks, etc. in the best quality I can afford because I plan to keep them a long time. I stay with neutral colors, but own hundreds of scarves, belts, funky jewelry & fine jewelry to punch up my outfits. I have a huge walk in closet that's only 1/2 full. I've worked on my wardrobe for several years, paring down to items I only love and wear often. It's a snap getting dressed now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

...And I really don't understand the OP disliking anything "man-made"? What does that mean?? Woman Happy

@ID2

Are you saying you couldn't figure out that she just forgot to add the word "leather" after "man-made?"   Woman Happy

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I look for inseam length and sleeve length because I am tall.

I look for items that are not tunics and do not have shark bite or high/low hems.

I look for items not made out of polyester.  I don't enjoy ironing but will do it to wear cotton or linen.  

I look for structured jackets even to wear casually with jeans.  

I look for v-necks.  Do not buy crew necks.  

I don't mind having items dry cleaned - in fact I dry clean some items that say they are washable.  

Honored Contributor

I look for classic shapes and tailored pieces that fit and flatter. I look for solid neutral straight leg or slightly flared pants and jeans. I look for classic or beautiful prints in tops. I look for knee length skirts and dresses. 

I won't buy knit pull on pants, leggings, distressed jeans, sheer or thin tops, scarves, large heavy handbags, sharkbite hems, cold shoulder styles, maxi dresses or skirts, and anything that is too tight or too revealing. 

Honored Contributor

I won't buy "skinny" anything - I look for something that will flatter my body shape,  a color that flatters me and a garment that is attractive.