Honored Contributor

What Do You Expect From QVC Clothing?

Since there is so much negativity here especially concerning fashion, how about talking about what you really expect from clothing at QVC?  And if QVC doesn't fit your lifestyle, what retailers actually do?

Me?  I live a ordinary day-to-day life. I need to look nice at home, good quality shirts, t-shirts and sweaters, nice pants, flats to go with them.  I don't go places as I used to, and the world is way more casual anyway, so no formal dresses etc.  

I always keep a few nicer outfits and dresses. But the world of clothing has changed drastically and I go with the flow to some extent.  No "hot" looks for me, just respectable! 

But that's me.  What's your situation and needs.

Valued Contributor

Re: What Do You Expect From QVC Clothing?

At my age I unfondly remember wearing dresses or skirts daily for school.  I dislike them to this day.  I own a few, usually purchased impulsively with every intention of wearing, but don't.  I too lead a simple lifestyle, casual and comfortable.  My priority now is comfort and durability.  I don't mind spending more for an item as long as it lasts well.  QVC has some lines of clothing that are are well made.  I find that I'm not into "athleisure" clothing though.  I always feel like I'm still in my pajamas all day.  😆

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Since there is so much negativity here especially concerning fashion, how about talking about what you really expect from clothing at QVC?  And if QVC doesn't fit your lifestyle, what retailers actually do?

Me?  I live a ordinary day-to-day life. I need to look nice at home, good quality shirts, t-shirts and sweaters, nice pants, flats to go with them.  I don't go places as I used to, and the world is way more casual anyway, so no formal dresses etc.  

I always keep a few nicer outfits and dresses. But the world of clothing has changed drastically and I go with the flow to some extent.  No "hot" looks for me, just respectable! 

But that's me.  What's your situation and needs.

@Sooner , For me it's not a lifestyle difference, because my needs are much like you describe yours. However, it's the style of casual that I have a problem with. When I do see a shirt or jeans that look like they would work , I consider purchasing, but it seems like all I see are joggers ( not for me ) and loud prints in questionable material. I shop all around the internet and QVC is not my only choice. JMO, but sometimes it seems like posters think that merch should be tailored to their individual taste, that not how it works.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I am retired but do work part-time. My expectation from QVC clothing is to provide me with something that is a bit different from the same old same old in many stores.  What I like best about QVC clothes is the extended color range for many items.  In stores, with the exception of t-shirts, turtlenecks, and cardigans, this is an exception, not the norm.  I buy a lot of clothes from numerous stores and online retailers.  I tend to prefer the higher-end retailers such as Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom.  That said, it may be a surprise to some that I am frequently complimented and asked "where did you get that" on an item from QVC or HSN.  Just the other day, I was wearing a pair of white skinny jeans, a Marla Wynne tank, and a long topper by Tolani.  All of my jewelry was Carolyn Pollacks, so other than my shoes and hat everything in sight was from TV.  I was in the lobby of an office and overheard one of the women behind the reception desk comment that they had a supermodel present.  I was wearing headphones, but they were off, so I think the woman thought that I could not hear them whispering. I was asked more than once that day about the topper and the necklace and this is not unusual with some of the items I get from QVC. 

To date I have not been disappointed with the quality, so for the time being I will continue to shop.  Lately, Jason WU, Candace Cameron Bure, Isaac, and Tolani have been favorites, but I still like Dennis Basso, Susan Graver, (some) LOGO, and a few items along the way from other brands at QVC.  Marla Wynne and Nina Leonard are the only brands I have been buying from at HSN recently. 

Honored Contributor

"What Do You Expect From QVC Clothing?"

For me...more affordable options and lower prices for the things they do offer.

Honored Contributor

I have watched hundreds of hours of fashion shows over the years. 

I've bought one item--a top about 20 years ago (Marc Bower or something?), it faded and drooped after two washings, the first when I purchased it and the second wash after I wore it.

Other than that, nothing has ever jumped out at me.

I like to walk into a store and look at what they have to offer.  I don't like when the salewoman approaches me the second I step foot in the store and asks me what I'm looking for.  I usually don't know!  

So when it comes to clothing, I don't need suggestions, I want to look at racks and racks of items and decide for myself.

But I can easily be talked into almost anything else Q offers.  As an example, if at this moment, they were selling a squishy ball that lights up when it rolls across the floor for your dog to chase and keep him happy for hours--I'd probably buy it.

And I dont have a dog!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I expect QVC fashion to be exactly what I think it is currently.   Different styles for different people's taste. 

I am not going to say that I wish ALL QVC fashion should be  what I want and what I like.  Expecting every fashion item on QVC to be how any one person would like to dress is not right thinking, IMO.  I've read where people say this designer should be more trendy, that brand's prints are too gaudy, clothing presented is for those much younger than them, clothing is too old lady for them (God I hate that.  Call me an old lady and I will say thank you, you should be so lucky).   

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm You and I are 180 degrees opposite because anything that can keep me from having to stand in a store and flip through racks of clothing is what I will go for.  

I have never liked that!  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I too live a causal lifestyle. I don't even own a dress, skirt or heels. I think I last wore a dress in 1989. In summer it's shorts and a tee, in winter it's long pants, or joggers and a long sleeved tee with sneakers or boots. Rarely a jacket, usually a lightweight hoodie for the cooler mornings. I have only ordered one clothing item from QVC and it was a Susan Graver shirt many years ago. It was so big and hot I ended up giving it away. Never ordered another clothing item from them again. I usually order from LL Bean, Lands End or pick up something at Costco. I don't want super cheap but I want good quality with somewhat consistent sizing at a fair price. No glitter, tassels, funky sleeves or fru fru. Just good quality clothes that fit and will last. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm I agree about walking into a store.  If I'm looking for something specific, I'll never find it anyways, so usually I'm looking for something that speaks to me and you only find that by browsing the racks.  If a salesperson immediately walks up to me when I walk into the store I feel uncomfortable the rest of the time I'm in the store feeling like they're watching me the entire time.