Honored Contributor

Re: What Color(s) Can’t You Wear, But Wish You Could?

I had my colors done years ago.  Remember when they used to have those parties when a person read your colors and told you what your complexion was and what colors you should or shouldn't wear, etc.??  Well, she told me that I should never, ever wear red --- and red was always my favorite color!  I didn't pay any attention to her.  In fact, I used to wear red a lot when I worked and always got a lot of compliments!  

I would say I definitely in the cool family, not warm, and so I look much more pleasant in white and not so healthy in cream.  I wear it any way but make sure I wear it as a shell or tank and wear a sweater or blouse over it in more pleasing colors.  

Other than that, I think I can wear most colors, with pastels, and colors such as coral, orchard, turquoise, jade, etc. looking the best on me.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I had my colors done years ago.  Remember when they used to have those parties when a person read your colors and told you what your complexion was and what colors you should or shouldn't wear, etc.??  Well, she told me that I should never, ever wear red --- and red was always my favorite color!  I didn't pay any attention to her.  In fact, I used to wear red a lot when I worked and always got a lot of compliments!  

I would say I definitely am in the cool family, not warm, and so I look much more pleasant in white and not so healthy in cream.  I wear it any way but make sure I wear it as a shell or tank and wear a sweater or blouse over it in more pleasing colors.  

Other than that, I think I can wear most colors, with pastels, and colors such as coral, orchard, turquoise, jade, etc. looking the best on me.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

i really love yellow, gold and tan.   can't wear them ... but i love them.  

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:
I give up. This is a classic case of not grasping what someone is actually asking.
1. You have to LOVE the color.
2. But the color doesn’t look good on you.

@grammarqueen   Funny thing is  I've come to dislike colors that look awful on me.  Yes It's odd but that's how I feel.

Honored Contributor

I can't wear pastels.

Esteemed Contributor

Also yellow for me.   Yes, I had my colors done decades ago and found there was only one shade of yellow that would work with my complexion - I used to carry the fabric swatch in my billfold.  But, I can't seem to find that particular shade in the stores.  Drats.  I'd like to wear sunshine yellow, but can't. 

I have to wear a blue-red, and not yellow-red.  (there's that yellow again)  I like red tops and jackets, but I have to be very careful what shade of red I buy.  

I do, however, wear bright yellow-red and sunshine yellow shoes.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I love pastels but they make me look exhumed...unless I slather on foundation and a LOT of blush. (I'm an extremely white person lol)

Honored Contributor

If I like the color I wear it.  I dont buy into the you dont look good in whatever color.  Never did.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)