Valued Contributor

What Color(s) Can’t You Wear, But Wish You Could?

Mine is any clear, light - medium light, pastel version of the purple family such as orchid, lavender, lilac or violet. I adore looking at these colors, but if I try to wear them, my skin turns a sickly shade of chartreuse! Fortunately, these colors are fairly common in underwear and sleepwear, so I can indulge myself and wear them without scaring the neighbors.
Honored Contributor

Re: What Color(s) Can’t You Wear, But Wish You Could?

I'm drawn to the really dark olive which has blue in it.  It would be a good neutral for me IF I ever found it!

As a top, I would be green.  I'm a light olive, ashe blone hair, dark hazel eyes with a gray rim.

Respected Contributor

Black. It makes me look pale and dead. I also look terrible in fuschia and magenta. But I don't like those colors so I don't care. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear fall or spring colors well. No orange, peach, olive, brown. I do like olive but can only wear as pants and not as a jacket. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I can’t stand orange and fuchsia AND I look dreadful in them. I’m wondering about colors you think are pretty, but simply don’t look great with your complexion.
Esteemed Contributor

No orange, yellows or white and it's fine with me because I don't miss wearing them. 

Respected Contributor

I look horrible in red

Valued Contributor

I give up. This is a classic case of not grasping what someone is actually asking.
1. You have to LOVE the color.
2. But the color doesn’t look good on you.
Frequent Contributor

Can't wear the jewel tones - Rich gold, emerald green, blue sapphire, ruby red, deep purple.  Would like to wear more red.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beige makes me look dead, and I'm not kidding  Yellow is also bad unless its bright yellow.  I've alwaysf envied Leah because she looks so good in yellow.