Honored Contributor

Re: What Clothing Item(s) Are On Your Radar For Fall/Winter?

Oh , I need nothing, but I got a Cpldwater Creek catalog this AM. and some things are so tempting . They have the lovelies colors !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Ohhhhh.....tempting, but I have longer vests.  I want something that won't come down very low and crowd a skirt.  I do have several leather vests, but they are for cold weather.

Thank you!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I am looking for a camel hair coat. I used to buy them in Lord and Taylor. Now maybe Saks will have what I want. I also need dress pants. Thank goodness for Banana Republic that often have wool gabardine...

@Trinity11 

I found a beautiful camel hair asymetrical collar coat a couple of years ago at Nordstrom, brand was Vince, it's gorgeous.  

Sounds beautiful @rockygems123 ! We actually have a Vince store in a nearby mall. Definitely will check it out.💐

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I've already purchased a few things for fall & winter.

The main thing I wanted was a black blazer. I purchased one on sale several weeks ago that I'm looking forward to wearing with trousers, jeans, skirts, and dresses in fall and winter. I bought an emerald green and black print top the other day that will look great with the blazer too. I also bought a dark forest green sheath dress recently. 

I can always use a few new long sleeve tees for the season. I might buy a new cardigan or pullover sweater. 

@wilma 

I am trying to be much more intentional in making additions to my clothing/shoe wardrobe, only buying needs versus wants. I have scaled back my once hobby of shopping to shopping only when looking for a specific item.

My current need is a new black blazer. Do you have any suggestions on where I might start looking? I either like a fabric or I don't and looking online it is so difficult for me to understand what the hand of a fabric might be--especially if it is black. 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing exciting...a couple pair of jeans and maybe another off-white or cream colored jean too. Also looking for a couple of "kinda" dressy long sleeve tees that I can also wear through the winter.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I just got corduroy jackets/shirts in a lovely light violet color from LL Bean.  I got a jacket length and a shorter one.

Respected Contributor

I am on the look out for ivory mid calf boots with a low heel (not over 2").  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Newly retired, so I'm trying to scale down my wardrobe not add to it right now! I did buy a tunic length Susan Graver sweater a few weeks ago...it will replace TWO sweaters that need to be enjoyed by someone else now. I have plenty of clothes for church, dinner out, errand running and wearing around the house. Don't need any more shoes/boots, either!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote

@wilma 

I am trying to be much more intentional in making additions to my clothing/shoe wardrobe, only buying needs versus wants. I have scaled back my once hobby of shopping to shopping only when looking for a specific item.

My current need is a new black blazer. Do you have any suggestions on where I might start looking? I either like a fabric or I don't and looking online it is so difficult for me to understand what the hand of a fabric might be--especially if it is black. 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

@magicmoodz 

Unfortunately, the blazer I purchased was a random item on a sale rack so it's not something I can direct you to. I did search for it online, but it didn't come up. Lots of others blazers popped up though. I understand the issue of buying without seeing & feeling the fabric. This is why I still prefer to shop in person. 

I always look through clearance racks at various stores for blazers and jackets. In the past I've seen nice blazers at good prices at TJMaxx, Marshall's, Nordstrom Rack, JCPenney, and my Stein Mart which is now closed. A saw a few at my local TJMaxx today, but nothing that suited me. 

I've seen nice blazers at Macy's, Ann Taylor, Talbot's, and Banana Republic, but they would be more expensive. A lot of people rave about the inexpensive blazers on Amazon, but I've never bought one. Chadwick's online has blazers that are reasonably priced and liked, but I haven't purchased one. 

You could start a thread about black blazers in the fashion forum. You might get some other suggestions and help. 

Have a great day! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

Thank you for all the suggestions for finding a new blazer. Based on our weather, I sure I have several months to find just what I want. 

I hope you very much enjoy your new blazer and I am sure you will look smashing in it!😍