Super Contributor

Re: What Clothing Do You Tend To Over Buy ?

Coats, tops, shoes, handbags top 4. Now shoes and tops

Honored Contributor

I love the Bateau / Boat neck style!

Especially if the neckline is cut straight across, over the collar bone area.

Also love true elbow sleeves.  Not crazy about 3/4 sleeves, but love elbow.  

Also:

Someone here once mentioned 'Ballerina' length, which are placed slightly below the elbow.  I haven't been able to run across that length in stores or on anyone, so far. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

It used to be shoes, but I only bought 2 or 3 pairs last year! I have really cut back on that.  

I still buy lots of tops. Lots of white tops and tees for layering. I buy them in multiples. Lots of printed tops too. Love a new top! 

Honored Contributor

jeans! I have too many in all sizes and brands.  

Respected Contributor

jackets /coats / & black pants

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I don’t really think I overbuy anything. I only recently started buying more than one of basics like black/white tank tops. And there are still a few colors of shoes I don’t have though, admittedly, I only have two feet. lol

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@ECBG 

I don’t really think I overbuy anything. I only recently started buying more than one of basics like black/white tank tops. And there are still a few colors of shoes I don’t have though, admittedly, I only have two feet. lol

@ECBG 

I might need to take that back... I work full time and, in the past year, have discovered the joys of loungewear. Having only two days off each week, I probably have more lounge dresses and pants than I need. And I just ordered another pair of pants today! But they are so fun and colorful; very different from what I wear in public. They are hard to resist.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  Tops and socks !!!

Trusted Contributor

I seem to go in cycles.  Long ago it was sweaters; later it was jackets from Chicos, then casual quarter zip fleece tops.  After that it was jean jackets in many colors.  Lately it is french terry tops and Icelandic jackets.  

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@ECBG  Tops and socks !!!

@hayseed00 May I PLEASE come over to your house?  I never have enough socks!  I like them to all be the same to easily match, by the time I get back to the store they've sold out!