Trusted Contributor

Re: What Brands of Clothes Are MADE IN THE USA -- in any store?

Just found this list - June 2017

http://www.usalovelist.com/made-in-usa-womens-clothing/

Valued Contributor

American Giant is made in the USA, but it is casual apparel.

Honored Contributor

I know in Alabama we make socks and American flags.

That's about it.

Esteemed Contributor

The other day when I grabbed a pair of Denim & Co capri's that I brought many years ago the label said made in the USA.

Honored Contributor

Rag & Bone.  A British company.  Everything made in Los Angeles, except for their shoes made in Italy.  just about any of the premium jean companies are in Los Angeles, except for MIS.  Made in the UK. 

Honored Contributor

It is so sad that so much on the fashion industry has their clothes made in China and other Asian countries.  When I was growing up everything was made in the U.S.A. and their were jobs for people. There are some designers that have their clothes made in the U.S.A. and I wish more would join them.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If you do a google search you'll find many but most of them are small brand names and not very well-known. Probably expensive and found in small private boutiques.

Honored Contributor

Rag & Bone is extremely expensive.  I saw a beautiful pant in velvet for over $300.00.  Their leathers start at $1,000.00.  What they charge reflects where it's made.  The U.S. garment worker has medical benefits, unions, etc.  Each year the prices creep up.  

Traditionally garment workers were paid poorly.  In the turn of the 20th century, horrible conditions were everywhere in New York.  You could not speak, you had to ask to use the restroom and were sometimes refused.  You were hunched over a sewing machine for long hours, sewing seams together.  The same squalid conditions are now in the 3rd world.  So roughly up to the 1970's, that's how clothes were American made.  With the threat of unions, many companies went overseas.