Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Wearing For Get-togethers?

What get togethers?? Covid is still running around loose so we're staying home. Around the house I'm wearing my usual dark jeans and Christmas sweaters. Ho ho ho!
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

When you live in a cold climate like I do, I have to start with the weather. Has it recently snowed where sidewalks can be slick? If so, that dictates the kind of boots I will wear--tire tread lug soles if it is dangerous walking or leather sole boots if not. 

The boots then dictate the ankle opening of the pants/jeans I will wear. Then the ankle opening dictates the top I will wear--wider leg pants paired with a shorter top versus narrow leg pants paired with a bit longer top.

Sometimes it just seems easier to stay home!

@magicmoodz    great minds think alike ...going through the same shpiel.  right now for air travel it's additional torture.   which boots go with the comfy pants, will my feet swell in the boots, but must wear the heaviest footwear.  pack my coat or wear it...wool sweater or fleece. going from cold and freezing to cold and rain ran rain...

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

When you live in a cold climate like I do, I have to start with the weather. Has it recently snowed where sidewalks can be slick? If so, that dictates the kind of boots I will wear--tire tread lug soles if it is dangerous walking or leather sole boots if not. 

The boots then dictate the ankle opening of the pants/jeans I will wear. Then the ankle opening dictates the top I will wear--wider leg pants paired with a shorter top versus narrow leg pants paired with a bit longer top.

Sometimes it just seems easier to stay home!

@magicmoodz    great minds think alike ...going through the same shpiel.  right now for air travel it's additional torture.   which boots go with the comfy pants, will my feet swell in the boots, but must wear the heaviest footwear.  pack my coat or wear it...wool sweater or fleece. going from cold and freezing to cold and rain ran rain...

@CatsyCline 

I feel your pain. I hope you are going somewhere warm and wonderful!

Honored Contributor

We aren't going to any get togethers or parties yet. The ones we are normally invited to aren't hosting them anyway. There are still people who don't feel comfortable doing that with COVID still going around. 

In the past my holiday party outfits were black pants or dark wash bootcut jeans, black boots, and a red or green top or sweater. Sometimes I would add a jacket or blazer. 

Honored Contributor

strictly casual--am waiting for the Hue fleece leggings I ordered from HSN ,then will wear a long sleeve t -shirt and a shirt jacket over top---then my fluffy Minnetonka pink slide slippers--no shoes in the house ! Oh and a pair of very cheery Xmas socks Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We're going to a Christmas dinner and concert tonight. It's not ultra fancy, people dress all sorts of ways.  Initially, I thought about a black Attitudes by Renee A-line/flared dress with an added black belt and diamond look buckle. I tried it on for DH.  He said I looked great, but I felt like it would be a little too much for the occasion. I decided to wear a pair of black & grey plaid Isaac 24/7 stretch slacks with a red turtleneck sweater and maybe a black Kim Gravel open cardigan (if it's not too big now). I'll wear some sparkly CZ jewelry and black ankle boots.  

When we get together with family, it'll be dark indigo or black jeans, a red 3/4 sleeve top with embellished neckline, maybe a black Barefoot Dreams hooded cardigan, and I'll bring my Buffalo check cabin socks along. I'll wear the novelty jewelry that day.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been dressing up for every occasion and outing. I really don't give a hoot if everyone else is in pajamas, I sparkle and shine.  I most often wear some kind of glittering seasonal sweater (sometimes sophisticated, sometimes whimsical) and slacks.  I usually wear colored jeans with the whimsical sweaters.  I feel good dressed up and believe I'm no less comfortable than the person wearing the joggers and sweatshirt. 

Respected Contributor

Are you saying colored jeans and whimsical tops is dressed up?  Sound very cute and perfectly acceptable for many if not most occasions, but I wouldn't call it dressed up.

I'll wear woven navy pants, some kind of Christmas tee, sneakers.  Sure seems everything is casual now.  I do have to dress up for a New Year's event if I haven't gotten the virus by then.  (joke)

Esteemed Contributor

I wore a Jessica Howard dress to a dinner last night & drop sapphire earrings. For the lunch outing, I wore a nicer light blue blouse with my blue topaz earrings. 

But from here on out, it's casual. I just don't do Christmas themed sweaters.

Contributor

Christmas Eve I'll wear an old SG red velvet and lace skirt with velvet top. I love it. I also have a jade green turtleneck slim dress from Chadwick's I'll wear Christmas Day, with a black Christmas vest from my mother.