Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Wearing For Get-togethers?

I wear my uniform almost every day.  Jeans and a 3/4 sleeve tee shirt.

If I meet with people, I wear new jeans and shirts.

Since I retired, fashion is not at the top of my priorities.  I also regret spending so much money over the years on fashion.  What a waste of money.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @Meowingkitty I just purged my dressy blouses. Give me a nice fitting pair of jeans or leggings and a bunch of tops from which to choose. Some enjoy dressing up, some just enjoy being comfortable and looking healthy, friendly and casually dressed!

Enjoy your holidays and stay healthy, wealthy and wise!

Smiley Wink

-Solar

Esteemed Contributor

Joggers & sweater lol

Valued Contributor

Since the pandemic hit, my standards have been lowered as low as they will go.  I'm all about the joggers with a matching sweatshirt, sneakers and I don't care.  😂

Honored Contributor

Went to a holiday party last weekend.  I wore this Kim Gravel top tucked into a dark indigo Laurie Felt pair of jeans with a black belt.  Black boots & silver jewelry.  Brought a Barefoot Dreams cardigan.  It was a good looking outfit.

Kim Gravel top.PNG

Honored Contributor

I would rather wear anything than jeans. I think they are so uncomfortable.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

On the bay, I agree! Every time I wear jeans I feel so uncomfortable. I wear skirts and dresses all Spring and summer, they are so much more comfortable than pants. I’ve been trying to find casual dresses to wear during the cold months.
Esteemed Contributor

When you live in a cold climate like I do, I have to start with the weather. Has it recently snowed where sidewalks can be slick? If so, that dictates the kind of boots I will wear--tire tread lug soles if it is dangerous walking or leather sole boots if not. 

The boots then dictate the ankle opening of the pants/jeans I will wear. Then the ankle opening dictates the top I will wear--wider leg pants paired with a shorter top versus narrow leg pants paired with a bit longer top.

Sometimes it just seems easier to stay home!

Honored Contributor

there will be 16 of us on christmas day. i want to be comfortable, but cute. i plan on some christmas themed leggings, a silky tunic in red or black, and a pair of of rothys flats in black. full makeup and holiday jewelry.

others will come as they wish......some will dress up, some will be in jeans and tees.

one thing is guaranteed.....everyone will have fun!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

All get togethers here cancelled due to new variant.