Esteemed Contributor

What Are You Wearing For Get-togethers?

Mine will be casual, so jeans (med. wash) and a sweater....just can't make up my mind on the the color sweater.

Or, I could wear one of my sparklies that I save for performances...

Decisions....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Wearing For Get-togethers?

I don't dress up for anything. If I had to actually dress up for some occasion I would need a major intervention. The one and only get together was Saturday and I wore jeans, sweatshirt and sneakers.

Honored Contributor

The main couple and family we have always gotten together with (since college) won't get around anyone at all, and neither will their son in law.

They have made the two moves DH and I made and lived near us.

We have always had "Christmas With The Family" and were around for eachother's children growing up.

Honored Contributor

No get togethers, no family, just us!  So whatever we want to wear.  EVERY day!

This from people who used to have 3 parties many nights during the holidays.  It was fun then, don't miss it now. 

Honored Contributor

I always wear the same thing ... just different colors, fabrics and accessories.

Respected Contributor

I bought a black ponte knit Susan Graver dress. It goes with boots or tights and flats.
Esteemed Contributor

Been out to dinner a couple of times with friends for pre Christmas get togethers.  I wore black pants and a pretty top for that.   Christmas day my adult kids will be here with SO and I will wear jeans and a sparkly Quacker Factory Christmas top!   Festive but comfortable Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

No get-togethers just yet, but with family I'm pretty casual, jeans and a festive top. On Christmas morning I stay in my pajamas to open presents with the family. 

Esteemed Contributor

Black pants ans a sparkly top...

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty   I'm with you, I don't dress up anymore.

A group of us (8) were talking about getting together at an Italian restaurant we all like. A jeans and nice top place.

Suddenly most wanted to do an afternoon tea thing at some Victorian house.  When 1 announced, "won't it be fun, we can dress up a little for a change?"  Nope, not a selling point, enjoy yourselves.

I'd rather have a reindeer antler jammed in my neck. lol