Honored Contributor

@pinky ann 

I was noticing your good looking puss in the photo, and I wondered if that is your kitty.  I have one that looks similar, as does @author

We could have the handsome puss club! 

Honored Contributor
I also like some service, but not to the point of overkill. It's my feeling that the reason some salespeople are aggressive is that they are working on commission.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Went shopping at the mall for the first time in forever!!

I like having the people help me. I don't want to be followed but if something doesn't fit and I want another size I like them getting it for me. I also like it when they know their inventory or if they volunteer to have it sent from another store or to my home.

If I want to be left alone I simply say I am browsing or window shopping.
Esteemed Contributor

Cookie06, you were lucky to find a dress for your daughter at the last minute for a good price point. I've been to Alderwood Mall once but I prefer the Nordstrom Rack nearby. When I'm shopping at Macys in the U.S., I don't want sales help until I'm paying for something. I like Style & Co. And I..N.C. clothes and I'll look at the handbags there too.
Valued Contributor

@TY wrote:
Cookie06, you were lucky to find a dress for your daughter at the last minute for a good price point. I've been to Alderwood Mall once but I prefer the Nordstrom Rack nearby. When I'm shopping at Macys in the U.S., I don't want sales help until I'm paying for something. I like Style & Co. And I..N.C. clothes and I'll look at the handbags there too.

Hi, Do you live near Seattle? I live North of Seattle in Snohomish!! I used to shop at the Rack all the time.  I guess it is time to stop in again.  I am just now shopping for new clothes because I have lost about 32 pounds.  I feel so great but I would love to get down to my wedding day weight.  But that was 40 years ago, but that is my goal!

Honored Contributor

Lack of help at Macys has been a problem for years, one reason why I don't shop there, they took over A&S and that was it

Honored Contributor

When the SP greets me , I always say hello "just looking and I will let you know if I need anything" this acknowleges them and then they leave you alone.  I am not shy about this kind of stuff.

If I need a fitting room I go and find someone

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hi Cookie06,

No, I live in Vancouver, B.C. But I have relatives in Tacoma and grew up there. The Nordstrom Rack in Alderwood is the closest one to the border. I also shop at the Seattle Premium outlets in Marysville and have been to the outlets in Burlington too. I will visit Macys and Nordstom in the Tacoma Mall usually if I have time but my favorite stores to visit are TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

We are getting a Nordstrom in Vancouver sometime in the next year.

congrats on the weight loss too as it must be fun to buy new clothes!
Esteemed Contributor

I went to Macy's last year looking for a lightweight king sized blanket. The clerk asked me what I was looking for and she sent me over to the Christmas throws. I told her I wanted a blanket and she told me she didn't know what that was. This was a woman in her 50's and she didn't know what a blanket was. I went to Penneys and found one there all on my own.
Honored Contributor

@JCF wrote:

I went to a Dillard's on Tuesday and the same happened to me.  No one to check me out.  I put my items back where I got and walked out. 

At most Dillard's  one has to wait on themselves when it comes to fitting rooms.  One just takes the items in and start trying on.  Rarely, anyone around.

I've had to go to the home department to get checked out in times past.

Whenever I go to my Dillards, there is always someone to help me.  Sometimes I would rather they leave me alone, but they are eager to put any items in a dressing room for me and bring me other items or sizes. 

There is rarely anyone at Macy's to help, but it doesn't really bother me.  I can handle shopping by myself.