Frequent Contributor

Re: Well That Was a Disgusting Commercial

I really like the Kohl's reindeer commercial, but my favorite Kohl's commercial is the Diving Board, where the dad is trying to coax his son off the high dive for the first time. The dad is encouraging him from the pool's edge, and the little boy is saying, "I can do it! I can do it! It's just water!" The little boy jumps and the dad is yelling "I knew you could! You da man!" That commercial makes me teary-eyed.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/23/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I haven't seen it but it can't be more disgusting than the new commercial about the effects of smoking with a woman who was 53 when she died who looked like 93. Always comes on during Judge Judy when I'm trying to eat and I almost want to vomit. Have to turn it off.

Just watched the Kohl's one on Youtube, never saw it before, cute.

That one is really disturbing. I know it's for a good reason, to make people aware of the dangers of smoking, but I just can't watch it.

Both my parents were smokers and although they lived their life spans (my father 79 years, and my mom almost 83), they both suffered from COPD at the end, and died from complications from smoking. I think I would have had them around for many more years had they not smoked, because all my grandparents lived much longer than that.

So, every time that comes on, I have to immediately click it off. It's just too painful to watch. I've never smoked myself, so I don't need any incentive not to.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with Sawn and Imt on this one............ that beer belly commercial cracks me up!

Those no-smoking commercials are gross, but they're meant to be. I hope they're effective.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

The same ad agency that did the "Jingle Balls" ad for K-mart last year appears to have done this one. I thought the "Jingle Balls" ad was funny, this new one, not so much.

Esteemed Contributor

It is funny but I also feel thankful that is not my man!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

Liked the one last year better. My thought was like another poster - what would be thought of it, if this were a group of "chubby tummy" women doing this ?

Oh what double standards , society has!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

On 11/22/2014 sparklestar said:

Beer-belly men banging on their stomachs drumming an Xmas song. Selling NFL team pajama pants. Ewwwww.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That sounds pretty funny, not disgusting to me. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I saw it this morning for the first time. It was okay. Didn't love it or hate it. Maybe that will change after seeing it a bunch of times.
Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 Sawn said: I'm in the minority here. I think it's hilarous!

I thought it was funny too. My husband asked why commercials make men look either dumb or like slobs, which I do think is pretty common these days. I told him that the men have to take it on the chin, because women would throw a hissy fit if they were made fun of. Shame.

Valued Contributor

I knew exactly what commercial you were referring to before I opened the thread lol. I agree, gross. I reach for the remote as fast as I can. If it's hidden somewhere I run and turn off the t.v.