Frequent Contributor

Way to go Cookie06! Sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up. We are all here pulling for you.

Honored Contributor
Congratulations! for upper arm exercise and more I recommend the spin gym for 20 bucks. It's actually quite simple to use and you can do it while you're watching TV! keep up the good work. I know Weight Watchers has a really stellar track record for weight loss
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your success!!!

Trusted Contributor

Yea Cookie!!!!! I too use the treadmill. For the upper arms, (depending on your strength) you can use small hand weights, half push-ups, and little dips off the couch - for the back of the arms. Keep up the great work!

Do the math.
Super Contributor

Cookie, way to go! Keep up the good work.

Honored Contributor
Keep up the good work.
Honored Contributor

You are doing fabulous. I admire anyone who gets a plan and sticks with it. It is not always easy, but the rewards are so wonderful

ETA

You would be surprised what you can do with the arms at your age. Do not give up.

I am 68, and I have to do the gym weights and machines every other day, or I am a pile flacid blubber. I was down for 6 weeks with surgery, and couldn't get in the exercise I did before. My arms and thighs were the first to go. About 2 years work goes in 2 months! I am back doing my exercises and every day I see improvement. I feel so much better

Honored Contributor

You'll have to post about your fashion finds when you pick up your new, smaller sizes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Cookie06 said:

I am so happy, I have been following Weight Watchers for a few weeks and I am proud to say that I am down 14 pounds. Yeah. You can actually start to notice after the 10 pound mark. Once you get into it, it is really quite easy to follow. Of course I have done WW before and had great results.

I am also hitting the treadmill but need to get with it for some upper body strength. It isn't like I don't have time, I am home all the time. I am 60 years old so I don't hold out much hope for the upper arms. I need to lose about 20 more and I will be where I want to be.

Just wanted to report something positive.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Congratulations! I am going to start back on WW tomorrow and reading about how well you are doing just gave me a little more motivation.

Esteemed Contributor

That's wonderful !! Congratulations. How many weeks did it take to lose 14 pounds? I agree that the 10 # mark really makes you "feel it'. I have about the same amount to lose that you did. I joined Jenny Craig almost three weeks ago ~ I love their food. Anyway, I'm 70 and had a hard time losing on my own. When my brother died a year and a half ago I ate my way into oblivion. Not good. Keep up the good work and keep us all posted. We love success stories. WA state here, too. {#emotions_dlg.wub} It's the best place to live, but don't spread the word. Wink

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein