Honored Contributor

I don't do high heels anymore. Two inches are about my limit. But, I have seen a pr of 3 in wedges, I am considering. I just wonder if  anyone here has a pr, and if they are comfortable? I am posting here because I think  it gets more traffic than the other forums

Honored Contributor

If you are accustomed to wearing 2 inch heels, l think 3 inch wedges would work for you if they have a 1 inch platform. Then they would feel like you’re wearing 2 inch heels.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

Higher wedges is what I wear in the summer in lieu of high heels.  More comfortable and wearable if you like high heels.  Not as dressy as high heels, however.

Esteemed Contributor

I love wedges I wear them all the time.I also have a couple of dressy metallic wedges that look great too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wedge shoes

[ Edited ]

I just want a suede pr for fall and winter. I really don't attend formal affairs ,where I need to be worried about dressy heels, just events that you would dress in nicer clothing

Honored Contributor

I personally wouldn't go up in heel height unless you have a front platform to take pressure off of your back.

Honored Contributor

@cherry  @ECBG   Definitely agree about needing a 3/4”-1” platform so it feels like a 2” heel.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, if the front of the shoe has a platform that also adds comfort to the footbed, then a higher wedge can work but be careful that the shoe is stable if it's higher. You probably don't want a steeper incline which can affect the forward pitch and put pressure on the balls of your feet.

Honored Contributor

I found a pr of 2 in and will go with them. I don't want them any lower, I might as well wear flats  thanks everyone

Honored Contributor

Re: Wedge shoes

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I don't do high heels anymore. Two inches are about my limit. But, I have seen a pr of 3 in wedges, I am considering. I just wonder if  anyone here has a pr, and if they are comfortable? I am posting here because I think  it gets more traffic than the other forums

I love wedge shoes.  I do not however like any real platform on them.  I don't wear high heels often but wedges work for me.  Cole Haan makes some fabulous wedges.