Honored Contributor

@Patz822 

Anthropologie BHLDN or Sundance Catalog, for a modern MOB.

Sundance-

Respected Contributor

What is BHLDN?   

Honored Contributor

@Patz822  It depends on your budget but a good start with be Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor as they carry a variety of prices and styles.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Nordstroms, Lord & Taylor and Macys.

I would have loved to have been able to buy a MOB dress off the rack but I knew I was going to need a lot of alterations and felt my best bet would be a bridal shop that has their own seamstresses that deal with beads, sequins and applique all the time.

I also didn't want to buy a dress and take it to a seamstress to be told they couldn't do what needed to be done.

The bridal shops here will only alter what you bought from them.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee 

BHLDN is an American women's clothing retailer that specializes in wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, bridal accessories, and wedding décor from Wikipedia

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@alicedee 

BHLDN is an American women's clothing retailer that specializes in wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, bridal accessories, and wedding décor from Wikipedia

Thank you!  I would have googled but I thought it was just initials for a company’s “real” name, and wouldn’t come up that way!  🌷

Honored Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

For my 3rd son's wedding I chose Palazzo pants with a matching tank.  Then I went to a number of art/craft shows and found a hand painted kimono duster to top it off.

Many compliments!

@Libbylady 

this is the look i may be going for......black palazzo pants/tank/kimono......moving away from a dress and i know i dont want a long dress. my daughter is getting married march 2020.

i have seen some beautiful styles in the monroe and main AND midnight velvet catalogs and online store.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I ordered mine from Bloomingdales. Tadashi brand. Was gorgeous, classy , glamorous and comfortable to wear all day long as a Mother of the bride. Cannot wait to wear it again someday...

Respected Contributor

The bride's must all be 5 years old because I do not see anyone over 25 and 110 pounds modeling these MOB/MOG dresses (rant over). I found my MOB dress at Macy's and had the fortune of having a year to look. Found the perfect dress at a great price. Took a lot of pressure off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wedding question

[ Edited ]

I didn't want the usual MOB dress so I did not shop in bridal shows either time.  Daughter #1 has had a traditional church wedding, it was an evening wedding.  I bought my dress from a fancy, expensive boutique.  I found a love soft metallic gold formal gown.  Daughter #2 got married in their garden, the reception was in their home and garden.  The theme was "garden party" and my daughter wanted us in long floral dresses.  I bought a Melissa McCarthy dress from HSN.  I don't know where you live or the type of wedding or how much you want to spend but if I had not found my dream dress at that boutique, I'd have gone to Neiman Marcus or Nordstroms.