Esteemed Contributor

Nordstrom, Dillard's or Lord & Taylor

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Another vote for Nordstrom.

depends on your Nordstrom, I was looking last year actually around this time, and there was NOTHING

ended up actually at a Bridal shop got a beautiful gown,

went to all the major dept stores here ,  plenty of dresses but nothing special and as Mother of Bride I wanted special not a pastel dress with a hideous jacket

Respected Contributor

Got mine at Dillards online. Yes, Coldwater Creek also has a nice selection. 

Respected Contributor

Nordstroms, Saks and Neiman's on line.  They have nothing in the stores.  All have dresses at various prices.  I would also try website for the brand Tadashi Shoji.  They have a lot of cute cocktail and long dresses appropriate for Mother of the Bride or Groom.

Honored Contributor

BHLDN site

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Kay Unger web site. I just took a quick look there and they had so many gorgeous non traditional mob and mog gowns

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wedding question

[ Edited ]

Sorry but I hated everything at the bridal shops. Loved my MOG dress from Macy's and loved the price, too. The wedding was formal attire.

Honorable mention to Nordstrom and L&T.

It should be noted: Give yourself ample time! At some times of year the selection of styles, colors and sizes can be very limited.

Super Contributor
Another Nordstrom. Their sale is through today and there are some really pretty dresses.
Super Contributor

Tjmaxx online, they have a little of everything, formal, cocktail with wonderful prices.

Respected Contributor

all the above and terijon.com