Trusted Contributor

Nordstrom.  Work with a stylist if needed. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Sorry but I hated everything at the bridal shops. Loved my MOG dress from Macy's and loved the price, too. The wedding was formal attire.

Honorable mention to Nordstrom and L&T.

It should be noted: Give yourself ample time! At some times of year the selection of styles, colors and sizes can be very limited.

this .  I started looking in April for a November wedding, my dress had to be ordered and that took 5 months?

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

I ordered mine from Bloomingdales. Tadashi brand. Was gorgeous, classy , glamorous and comfortable to wear all day long as a Mother of the bride. Cannot wait to wear it again someday...

Tadashi has some beautiful dresses

Honored Contributor

@2zbeach wrote:

Nordstrom.  Work with a stylist if needed. 

Maybe it's the Nordstrom here it's in a major metro area, and the big mall.  but their selection on everything is never great.  I was really disappointed last year when I went to look.

have never figured out why, we are close to NYC so perhaps buyers at Nord HQ think the customer will go into the city for an occasion dress, oh and there is no Sunday shopping here either

and the sales lady didn't really seem interested in my business.  she lost $1k 

Respected Contributor

As the mother of an only son, I wanted a very elegant gown to wear to this formal attire wedding.  I searched all of the sites that have been listed here, ordered a few from Dillards, L&T and they did not do it for me.  Ended up finding a dress that was perfect on line, Montage by Mon Cheri, which was carried in a boutique in town and purchased there.  They were fantastic with the alterations, and the dress was gorgeous.  Don't give up until you find that perfect dress.  I knew what I wanted.  It's out there.  Best wishes.

Super Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Patz822 Macys has a new specialty section of dresses.

Agreed. I bought mine there for both of my kids.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

Sorry but I hated everything at the bridal shops. Loved my MOG dress from Macy's and loved the price, too. The wedding was formal attire.

Honorable mention to Nordstrom and L&T.

It should be noted: Give yourself ample time! At some times of year the selection of styles, colors and sizes can be very limited.

this .  I started looking in April for a November wedding, my dress had to be ordered and that took 5 months?

I ordered mine in April and it won't be here until August - also for a November wedding.

I really thought I was going too soon and I'm glad I didn't wait.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I ordered mine from Bloomingdales. Tadashi brand. Was gorgeous, classy , glamorous and comfortable to wear all day long as a Mother of the bride. Cannot wait to wear it again someday...

Tadashi has some beautiful dresses

Yes, what I love about Tadashi brand is that they know how to cut for woman’s body, it is never boxy or unflattering. I own 2 Tadashi dresses and both are fantastic. The reason I went for this brand right away is my first dress by them that made me look and feel great.  

Respected Contributor

Here is my Tadashi Mother of the Bride dress.454AB7E2-91CD-427D-9A22-AA6FF3222836.jpeg

Honored Contributor

here is the dress I picked, ended up changing the sleeve to the elbow,  I posted the picture about a year ago in our AM style chat here. 

glachel_b.jpg