Frequent Contributor

Wedding attire opinion please!

i have a very dressy, pretty white blouse and dressy black slacks and am wondering if it would be appropriate to wear to a wedding. I guess I’m concerned about the white blouse mostly...I’ve seen black worn to a wedding but white? Opinions would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wedding attire opinion please!

@Whispergirl wrote:

i have a very dressy, pretty white blouse and dressy black slacks and am wondering if it would be appropriate to wear to a wedding. I guess I’m concerned about the white blouse mostly...I’ve seen black worn to a wedding but white? Opinions would be appreciated.

i think that is fine

I think when a dress starts veering into lace, long strapless it could be an issue

but at a wedding it's always clear who the bride is

Honored Contributor

It sounds very nice to me and lovely for a wedding.
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a perfect outfit. Enjoy the wedding. 

Valued Contributor

Dress it up with some nice jewelery & I think you'll look great! I'm sure there will be people there who are dressed much worse than you. I was at a wedding where the guests at one of the tables had on faded jeans & t-shirts. Now that's what I call inappropriate!

Honored Contributor

In my opinion,in this day and age people worry too much about wedding attire.

Trusted Contributor

Your outfit sounds perfect.  I wouldn't be concerned about the white blouse, unless you know that the bride is a Bridezilla and doesn't want anyone wearing white.  

Esteemed Contributor

As long as your comfortable I would have no issue. It sounds like a nice outfit. Comfort is my mantra.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it sounds lovely.  People are not as picky about wedding attire as they once were.

You can wear white anytime of year now, so say the fashion people, so why not a white blouse at a wedding?   Now a long flowy white gown........then we would have to have a chat, LOL!

Respected Contributor

I guess it depends on the time and place of the wedding. I would not want to wear black pants to an outdoor wedding on a hot afternoon or a spring garden wedding.