Honored Contributor

I don't wear white all year, but I do wear white beginning in April if it is a warm day. Btw I live where there are 4 seasons. I would never wear optic white pants in the dead of winter when it is below freezing. I would rather wear my winter clothes in winter. I wear ivory and creams all year round. 

Honored Contributor

Weather and location dictate when I wear white pants.

Respected Contributor

I was born and raised on the west coast and honestly had never heard of this rule until I went to grad school on the east coast.  I remember feeling like a fashion train wreck when someone was bold enough to point out that I shouldn't be wearing white pants in September.  It was both hot and humid so summery clothes seemed fine to my California sensibilities.  

I'm back in the west happily ignoring most fashion rules!

Respected Contributor

Go for it, I think that's an old fashion myth. I've seen women wearing white pants, crops and capris around here already. I live in the northeast and it's not even really that warm yet. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Esteemed Contributor

I say where what you want when you want! 

Honored Contributor

In Georgia, Florida and Alabama ( California too), if you wait until Memorial Day to wear your spring/summer clothes, you have already had a heat stroke by that time.

Regular Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Men have not worn felt hats for over  50 years!   JFK disliked hats, he never wore hats and that is why went out of fashion

Well in Texas men wear western hats! Rule still applies for them.......You just have to live in TEXAS to understand--------Dallas

Honored Contributor

Love white pants, but not with white underwear!

Respected Contributor

I have already been wearing mine - when the weather is warm!  Love white pants!

Contributor

I wore white capris today, live in SC.  Earth is still spinning..............   : )