Trusted Contributor

Wearing different color dress pants with your tops, blazers and sweaters, who does or doesn't?

I for one have a colorful winter wardrobe in pants to wear for the season.  Black and navy being the main staple pieces along with burgundy, tan, dark brown, dark green, light gray, and charcoal gray.in twill fabric. I also have the same colors in corduroy pants when it is extremely cold out. 

For spring/summer I have the pastel colors in capri pants to wear with coordinating spring tops that are short sleeves.

Am I the "only" one who does this?  Love to hear other ladies comments about this subject, thanks.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing different color dress pants with your tops, blazers and sweaters, who does or doesn't?

@crawford5153 wrote:

I for one have a colorful winter wardrobe in pants to wear for the season.  Black and navy being the main staple pieces along with burgundy, tan, dark brown, dark green, light gray, and charcoal gray.in twill fabric. I also have the same colors in corduroy pants when it is extremely cold out. 

For spring/summer I have the pastel colors in capri pants to wear with coordinating spring tops that are short sleeves.

Am I the "only" one who does this?  Love to hear other ladies comments about this subject, thanks.Woman Wink

@crawford5153 wrote:

@crawford5153 

I think most people wear neutral colors on top or bottom to go with colors that compliment or coordinate.  Many like monochrome but I think fewer prefer monochrome, except perhaps those who want to look taller, thinner and wear monochrome in trying to achieve that look.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wearing different color dress pants with your tops, blazers and sweaters, who does or doesn't?

99% of the time I have on blue jeans & a black top. 

They style of the tops differ, but almost always black. 

I do have different washes of jeans, but they are all a similar cut.

I have carried the same D&B plum crossbody for several years. It still looks great & the style works for me.

I wear Bob's (Similar to Tom's shoes) in grey or navy or Birkenstocks in the summer.

I have a signature "smell". 

I wear silver or white gold jewelry, usually different size hoops in upper & lower piercings. On my ears. White gold wedding ring & an amethyst pendent.

I live a simple life & rarely need to dress differently & I love wearing black because it goes with whatever makeup I want to do that day.

That is where I play with some color.

Honored Contributor

Mostly jeans everyday here too.  I have black, grey, and navy pants, and would venture into other colors if I could find any that actually fit me well.  I do have one pair of very fine wale corduroys.  I don't generally wear prints on the bottom.  I like them on others, but am not confident wearing them myself.  Same with mixing prints.  Not all prints should be mixed and not everyone does a good job of it.  I don't want to be one of those people.

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 

Oh, no, by no means are you the only one!  Many many ladies wear fashion colors as well as print or plaid bottoms.

Print bottoms are a top seller.  I wear a lot of color on top, and my hips haven't been my favorite area since I was 5 years old, so I wear a lot of solid bottoms.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crawford5153   I wear jeans almost every day...I did "before", too. I rarely have the occasion to dress up. When I do, I have black jeans or for very dressy times black or dark grey charcoal pants. Tops are always neutral with a few pale pink, red or cornflower blue sweaters/tops I've added in the last few years, but rarely worn. I prefer to get dressed easily, without taking time to match. 

Honored Contributor

Black (mostly), Navy (second), occasionally Brown, Dark Green, Dark Red, Grey - summer & winter

For summer - add white, 

My thing is tops, sweaters and jackets - not bottoms.  That's why the "mostly" black pants.  Just about everythng I buy/make has to go with black bottoms.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love color.   I tend to wear all colors regardless of the season, but in fall and winter the darker hues of the colors and in spring and summer the brighter hues.  Green for example, in fall and winter, forest green, darker olives.  Smmer - lime green, bright green, etc.  I love the wines, berry and burgundy for fall/winter.  Love browns all colors except khaki.  My closets look like rainbows of color.

I wear alot of printed pants.  If solid pants, I ususally wear a printed top of some kind - geometic, stripe, floral, and so on.

The only black I wear is in pants and I pair with a colored or printed top.  Never wear jeans, my least favorite type of clothes.  Also not fond of white but wear in summer with bright tops.  Wear some pastels - not often but wear them in every season depending on the fabric.

My summer collection of crops and capris is in many brght colors yellows, oranges, bright pinks and fuchsias, bright green, lime. touquoise.

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153. Sounds lovely.  For myself, I stick with black, navy, or gray (charcoal for winter, lighter for summer).

Respected Contributor

For myself, I prefer denim or khaki pants with printed tops. I don’t really own dress pants other than a black pair that was for choral concerts.