Respected Contributor

Re: Wearing different color dress pants with your tops, blazers and sweaters, who does or doesn't?

All things I like and would wear except the midriff bearing top.  Need one that is in that color but covers the midriff.  And yes, a tan blazer would also look good.  I love the green and navy sweater in the lst picture.  And the browns and burgundy combo for work, but I would want the pants to fit a little closer to the body, not leggings but slimmer pants.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing different color dress pants with your tops, blazers and sweaters, who does or doesn't?

When I worked, I had slacks, crops, and capri pants in most every color to coordinate with my tops.  I didn't stick to just black, navy, gray or brown bottoms.  I tried to have an outfit all in the same color family.  After retiring, I donated the majority of these things as I have no need for them.  I kept mostly black, navy, white  - basic colors, for bottoms.  In warm weather months, I do tend to wear more colorful things.  For me, personally, now that I'm done working and don't go out much, I dress much more casual and like things to be really easy to put together.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Sure!  Back when I worked full time in an office, I had a wardrobe of neutral dress slacks and pencil skirts that I changed up with different colors of blouses and jackets each time I wore them.  I always had dress suits in black, gray, and navy -- I'd create different looks with various colors and types of blouses, scarves, shoes, and jewelry.  I might wear the same black slacks once a week, but wouldn't wear the same "outfit" for several weeks at a time.

Now I wear jeans everyday, but try to match my socks to my sweaters - ha!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt