Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wearing The Color Yellow

Love yellow on others. Only icy yellow looks good on me and I have one, yellow print blouse. Any shade of teal, green or blue, is my 'go to' color. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Same here, @jeanlake.  I love sunshine, lemony yellows, but they look awful on me.  I have to wear lighter shades, if I wear yellow at all.   Teals, blues, aqua greens brighten me up.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I but you looked great! I love to wear yellow in tops.  It is such a cheerful color - you can't help but feel happier when you wear it! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I got hooked on yellow two summers ago.  By now - I've collected quite a few pieces. 

Several people have mentioned it's a good color for me - and I like the way I look in yellow.

Valued Contributor

I love yellow on everyone except myself. Oh, how I wish I could wear it next to my face, but unfortunately it makes me look ill. For those who can wear it, enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Pretty dress from from Ann Taylor is 40% off

Cap Sleeve Wrap Dress

Honored Contributor

I only own one yellow top. It’s a dusty lighter shade. I like yellow a lot, even brighter shades, but I don’t own anything except that one top. I think I was told once yellow wasn’t good for fair skinned blondes. I highlight my dark blonde hair and have fair skin & blue eyes. I would like to try on a brighter yellow to see what I think.

Honored Contributor

I wore a soft yellow all the time when my hair was auburn (natural shade).  Now that my hair is grey I don't feel it looks that good on me but I still love it and wear it but now I have yellow shoes, yellow handbag, yellow and white striped t-shirt, etc. usually paired with navy and/or white.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear yellow, but I do have a yellow bag.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop  I am so happy that you have stepped out of the box.  Yellow is a sunshine color and always puts a smile on my face in the summer.  I bet you look stunning!!