Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have never been drawn to wearing clothes that were yellow.  Did not hate the color, but, if for example, a top came in many colors, it seemed like I would never pick the yellow option.

Well, this morning I thought I needed to change things up a little.  In my drawer was a yellow tee shirt I purchased probably 20 years ago that looked like new since I had only worn it a few times and that was many years ago.

Gosh, I felt like a new person today!   When I looked at myself wearing the yellow top, I felt younger, happier, prettier and more perky than I've felt lately.  It's been really hot here in Illinois the past several weeks and I've just been feeling rather worn out and blah.

I love Leah Williams, I love the way she looks in her clothes, and I know she loves yellow!  I guess I should of tried it a long time ago.  Needless to say, the next time I buy something new, I'm going with the yellow option!

Respected Contributor

Re: Wearing The Color Yellow

I love the color yellow but didn’t have any in my closet. I bought a knit top online from Talbots during the stay at home order and find myself reaching for it often.
Respected Contributor

Awesome.  Yellow can cast the spell of drenching your mood in sunshine.  Yellow and gold do the same for me. 

Honored Contributor

I have a few yellow items, and it seems as though each time I wear yellow, people tell me I look 'great', or 'good', or energetic, or whatever.

Same when I wear true white, and also red and white stripes.

Something about yellow, though, that brightens my face.

One would think that it wouldn't (re: myself).  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I consider a pale, butter yellow to be the ultimate summer neutral.  It goes with everything and looks especially nice with turquoise, coral and shades of green.  Some people buy a new white tee every year; I buy a new yellow.  Love my yellow tees!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Yellow can be so nice.  I can't do lemon, but a richer, more buttery color is so sunny.

Honored Contributor

I have yellow shoes and purses, a yellow straw hat, yellow pants and tops from neon yellow to bright, soft, and butter yellow.  I love it! I wear it with white, black and navy. 

Honored Contributor

They're many shades of all colors.

I wear light  (white) yellows.  The deeper they go, the better my lines show up!Smiley Happy  I wear the lightest.  When fall brings in deeper hues, I'm done.

Paint Chips High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have yellow shoes and purses, a yellow straw hat, yellow pants and tops from neon yellow to bright, soft, and butter yellow.  I love it! I wear it with white, black and navy. 

@Sooner Love your combinations!  Yellow, navy, white, black!  I'm there! Use them quite often when I can find that light shade!

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop  There are so many shades of yellow.  I like a very pale yellow but then I also like a golden yellow.  I have a couple of tops in yellow.  One color I never select is red.  I don't know why but I think I don't look good in the color with my coloring even though I am a fair/light, pink undertone. I am happy the color made you feel good.  I also live in IL and it has been brutal and I have been staying in unless I have to go out.  Get ready for Sunday -- low 80's!

kindness is strength