Contributor

Wearing Boots in Fall and Winter in Southern States

I'm going to be a Florida snowbird this year and wonder if fashion boots are worn in the cooler weather in the South?
Respected Contributor

Re: Wearing Boots in Fall and Winter in Southern States

There are times when I wear ankle boots with my leather pants when the weather is chilly. I even wear knee high boots at times with a skirt. I've seen some ladies wearing them even in warmer days. Feel free to express your own choice.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I live in Naples. I wear ankle boots when the weather is chillier in the winter. Hope you enjoy your first winter with us!

Super Contributor

Sure, we wear fashion boots in the cooler months, too. I start wearing them in November (probably), all the way to March or early April.

Depending on which part of FL you are wintering in, you may even see traditional cowboy boots. Many wear cowboy boots year round in the northern or inland parts of FL.

Contributor

Thanks for your replies!
Honored Contributor

YES, BUT ONLY SHORT BOOTS ON WARMER FALL AND WINTER DAYS. YOU COULD WEAR TALL BOOTS, BUT I HARDLY EVER SEE THEM ON ANYONE. WE ARE MUCH MORE RELAXED ABOUT THE RULES DOWN HERE. A COUPLE YEARS AGO, WE HAD A COLD WINTER AND MY GOOD FRIEND HAS A PAIR OF THE MOST GORGEOUS AND EXPENSIVE, HAND TOOLED RED LEATHER COWBOY BOOTS. SHE WORE THEM AND LOOKED SPECTACULAR. USUALLY, THEY JUST SIT IN HER CLOSET-SHE SAID SHE HAS HAD THEM FOR YEARS. THEY LOOKED BRAND NEW. SOMETIMES, WE WEAR SHORTER DEM-BOOTS UNDER PANTS AT WORK, OR WHEN SHOPPING AT VERY UPSCALE MALLS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY, HERE. JUST WEAR WHAT YOU LOVE AND WELCOME.

Regular Contributor

Yes love boots, already wore mine on Friday. Remember we may not have the cold/snow, but cold wet, you bet and can't beat a good pair of boots on a wet chilly November day.

Super Contributor

Yes, we wear boots in the south during the winter season but the further you get to the equator the fewer boots and more sandals........and some even wear cowboy boots in 95 degree weather with shorts and dresses.......