Honored Contributor

Re: We Are All Zooming Nowadays

@stevieb   I see what you mean 100%.

I have a trove of work clothes for the office, and then limited casual-but-very-nice clothes.  That small amount could be worn multiple times without the same people seeing me in them Smiley Very Happy

But now I started bumping up my casual-but-very-nice clothes because the frequency of zoom calls gave me an excuse to mix it up more and not wear the same things over & over. 

Honored Contributor

I think this thread is really about your denial of the virus more than what the hosts are saying.

You want them to continue on as if life is like it was at this time last year.  It's not.  The hosts have to adapt to current life situations and current life situations means we aren't buying clothing for going out to dinner, going to weddings, going to parties, shopping, etc.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think this thread is really about your denial of the virus more than what the hosts are saying.

You want them to continue on as if life is like it was at this time last year.  It's not.  The hosts have to adapt to current life situations and current life situations means we aren't buying clothing for going out to dinner, going to weddings, going to parties, shopping, etc.    

@Lipstickdiva  Yes, sneaky way of saying what op really wants to say. No reason to be sneaky.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No desire to Zoom... I do not do Instagrams or Pinterest  either....I am behind the times!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

No desire to Zoom....do Instagrams or Pinterest 

@SeaMaiden , these are all 3 very different things.  I'm not sure if you are saying you don't Zoom but you do Instagram and Pinterest or are you saying you don't do any of them?

Anyway, Zoom is a way to conduct meetings.  Our courts are doing hearings via Zoom.  There is no choice to do it or not do it.  Zoom isn't social media like Instagram or Facebook. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden , these are all 3 very different things.  I'm not sure if you are saying you don't Zoom but you do Instagram and Pinterest or are you saying you don't do any of them?

Anyway, Zoom is a way to conduct meetings.  Our courts are doing hearings via Zoom.  There is no choice to do it or not do it.  Zoom isn't social media like Instagram or Facebook. 

@Lipstickdiva   Oh I wrote that bady! I meant I do none of those....guess I am out of touch and "not with IT".....and OLD😄

Esteemed Contributor

No, some of us are not Zooming.  I have a choice.  I dropped out of an organization that demanded members attend Zoom meetings.  No thanks.

The only socializing I do online is these forums.  No FB, no Instagram, no Twitter, no nothing.  It's not that I'm old -- it's that I really don't want to be that "connected."

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Ha!  I find it so funny.  A year ago,hardly anyone did Zoom.  Now, it is the new normal.  Crazy!  We are Zooming to nowhere.

Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Apparently you don't read ALL of my posts.  I've been accused of always defending QVC.  I make lots of comments complimenting many of the hosts.  Take your own advice and pass right on by my comments/posts/threads if they disturb you so much.  If you choose to live in this created reality -- called Covidism, you have that right.  

Take care Smiley Happy

@rms1954  - for you to suggest that Covid is a 'created reality' is disturbing!

That attitude puts you and others at risk. If that's what you truly believe, go out- why are you sitting at home watching Q 24/7 and making yourself miserable? 

I don't see your Q or other hosts defensive posts, just for Shawn,  but maybe I've just missed them.

Your posts that I'm referencing pop up on page 1 of the forum when I've read them. I'm not hunting for them, nor have I posted any comments on them until this one.

I'm not upset nor disturb by your posts/threads. But yes, if you are suggesting Covid is not real, that IS disturbing - anyone in close proximity to you physically, unaware of your belief, could be put at risk by your behavior.

This thread is like a soap opera...lol

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   Oh I wrote that bady! I meant I do none of those....guess I am out of touch and "not with IT".....and OLD😄

@SeaMaiden  - aren't you in your early 60's?  I certainly wouldn't consider that old.