Honored Contributor

Re: We Are All Zooming Nowadays

Apparently you don't read ALL of my posts.  I've been accused of always defending QVC.  I make lots of comments complimenting many of the hosts.  Take your own advice and pass right on by my comments/posts/threads if they disturb you so much.  If you choose to live in this created reality -- called Covidism, you have that right.  

Take care Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

For the few people that complain about hearing references to the situation we are in (pandemic), can you only imagine how harsh the complaints would be if the hosts totally ignored it!!!!!! These same complainers would be relentlessly nagging about how out of touch QVC is, etc. it is almost comical.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Apparently you don't read ALL of my posts.  I've been accused of always defending QVC.  I make lots of comments complimenting many of the hosts.  Take your own advice and pass right on by my comments/posts/threads if they disturb you so much.  If you choose to live in this created reality -- called Covidism, you have that right.  

Take care Smiley Happy

Created reality ?  I think your little Q world is the created reality. Do you think of anyone besides yourself ? Sorry, not at all sorry ! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Take care Smiley Happy

@rms1954  - for you to suggest that Covid is a 'created reality' is disturbing!

That attitude puts you and others at risk. If that's what you truly believe, go out- why are you sitting at home watching Q 24/7 and making yourself miserable? 

I don't see your Q or other hosts defensive posts, just for Shawn,  but maybe I've just missed them.

Your posts that I'm referencing pop up on page 1 of the forum when I've read them. I'm not hunting for them, nor have I posted any comments on them until this one.

I'm not upset nor disturb by your posts/threads. But yes, if you are suggesting Covid is not real, that IS disturbing - anyone in close proximity to you physically, unaware of your belief, could be put at risk by your behavior.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

For the few people that complain about hearing references to the situation we are in (pandemic), can you only imagine how harsh the complaints would be if the hosts totally ignored it!!!!!! These same complainers would be relentlessly nagging about how out of touch QVC is, etc. it is almost comical.

I agree with you. Were it never mentioned, the hue and cry would go out. That said, it's become part of every sales pitch, however subtly, and it doesn't need to be. None of us is unaware of the current reality. There is a middle ground that invovles acknowledging today's situation without the need for constant references or repeatedly using it as a sales ploy.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Take care Smiley Happy

Created reality?  Covidism?  

This is reality.  Many people use Zoom for business and personal use.  This virus is not going away any time soon.  

Why do people watch QVC 24/7 if everything the hosts do/say bother them?  I do not get that at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I know what you mean.  But some people are zooming.  And have to look nice for the camera, at least from the waist up.

My husband wears a shirt with a collar when on Zoom calls. After the call it's back to a tee shirt. He usually has on shorts. It's been nice because he my laundry is so much less these days as he wears the same thing for days.

Honored Contributor

"Covidism" is not a created reality. Is that another way of trying to say that it's fake and conspiracy? Um, ok

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I Zoomed once in my life before the pandemic.

But now I Zoom nearly every single day! 

I telework and have Zoom meetings 3 to 4 times a week.

I have family gatherings with relatives in different states once a week.

I Zoom with my 94 year old Mom  (who's health is deteriorating) every day since we moved her out of NYC and into my sister's house. I live nearly 300 miles away, but I want to see her face and her laugh as I talk to her.  She loves it, but she has also fallen asleep on me a couple of times, which is hysterical.

I Zoom with my college roommates since we had to cancel our reunion cruise this past July.

These people I zoom with have said they are also zooming all the time now, so I don't feel I'm an anomaly.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  For me, it's not whether or not zoom has, for some, become standard operating procedured. Clearly for some, you included, it has. The point, for me, is whether or not I need to acqurie new fashions to zoom... I'm not thinking I do, but each to their own...Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...