Honored Contributor

I love fashion.  I am retired.  I don't zoom. 

I don't purchase my clothing for any of the reasons they mention when showing clothing.

Again, they spend too much time and attention focused on a virus.  

Honored Contributor

Re: We Are All Zooming Nowadays

@rms1954 wrote:

I don't purchase my clothing for any of the reasons they mention when showing clothing.

They try to be relatable to a wide variety of people. The pandemic is something we are all experiencing in one way or another, and that includes working from home etc. I ,like you am retired, but it is not all about me, I try to remember that.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know what you mean.  But some people are zooming.  And have to look nice for the camera, at least from the waist up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agreed, not all about me, but I agree with @rms1954 too. Weary of the little asides: 'the way we're living now' and so on... We all know the conditions under which we're living... The constant references, especially being used as marketing tools, are off-putting... None of us needs reminding of current circumstances... At least I sure don't, and no, I'm not zooming... If I were, I surely don't need new outfits to do so...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I Zoom with my family (adult kids) every Sunday and with extended family on special occasions (like birthdays).  I'm also going to begin Zooming with my book club once a month or so now that summer is over.

I try to look nice when I Zoom and also when I just go out to the store or eat outdoors with friends at a restaurant.

Honored Contributor

I don't Zoom, but if I did it wouldn't be for a dress-up event.  Mostly, I just wear jeans and a T-shirt.  Only once have I had a birthday celebration at a local restaurant, so I was able to dress in a nice caual outfit.  Other than that, I get dressed up once a week for church.  We eat out all the time, but it's just me and hubby.  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954  - every time  I see one of your threads/posts, you are either defending Shawn, complaining about other hosts, complaining about the presentations and pretty much everything about Q ...except for Shawn. You get very upset when someone posts a negative comment about Shawn, yet you do that same thing about other hosts.

I watch some of the fashion and beauty shows and think they are doing a good job. Not overtalking or over referencing  Covid, just relating to shoppers how an item can be of benefit/use. I disagree with your comment that Q is spending too much time and attention on the virus-that's not my impression or experience. 

Many, many Q shoppers/customers are not retired - perhaps more of us are working at home or outside of the home, than retired. We are living in a new reality.  Maybe that's difficult for you to accept or you're exhausted about it,

Aren't  there other tv shows you can watch? Movies? Reading.  Listening to music. Hobbies.

Your posts/comments suggests you need to make some changes. 

Take care

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

They try to be relatable to a wide variety of people. The pandemic is something we are all experiencing in one way or another, and that includes working from home etc. I ,like you am retired, but it is not all about me, I try to remember that.

Exactly @QVCkitty1  . This includes fashion styles,  price points, high end beauty etc. Q has a diverse customer base, not everything is for everyone

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In order to talk about clothing for hours on end, it only makes sense to talk about where you would wear it. Since that’s limited, they want to convince you that you need some new clothing for your home activities. And if they do mention going out, they want to appear responsible and mention social distancing, etc. I try to cut the hosts some slack.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

In order to talk about clothing for hours on end, it only makes sense to talk about where you would wear it. Since that’s limited, they want to convince you that you need some new clothing for your home activities. And if they do mention going out, they want to appear responsible and mention social distancing, etc. I try to cut the hosts some slack.

It just seems like most of the complaints about Q hosts, vendors, presentations,  offerings, shows are from posters that watch Q 24/7 or a good portion of every day.

I only watch/dvr shows that are of interest to me and enjoy them.  I'm not worn out, irritated or frustrated with Q shows.