Super Contributor

Re: Ways to wear Long Pearls

Thanks for the tips, NaturalBornWoman. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more pearls but there was a long bueatiful strand sold on HSN that I could not resist. It came with suggestions on how to wear them but I will add your suggestions to the list. Good thread.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/22/2014 NaturalBornWoman said:

I wear the Linea Navy & Gray pearls together a lot.

Mixing my vintage whites with cream pearls (both real & faux) is such a chic look - very Coco, indeed.

Wow, I love this look!

Honored Contributor

Ditto! Love those two looks!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 CathyRD said:

NaturalBornWoman, I own the Mocha Mist Linea Pearls, the lighter shade of beige. Hard to describe, but a cool, light shade of beige/ivory. Definitely not a yellow tinged cream ivory, cooler hue than that. They are lovely, and match so many pieces of clothing. I particularly love them with any thing close to natural linen. Also look great with last year's Lotus Floral pieces in the Bamboo/Black colorway, and with the new Black Floral Cotton Sweater. Not much help, but ... Now, Blue Mist has me completely confused LOL.

Thanks CathyRD - I wonder how the Blue Mist would mingle with the Linea Gray, Cream or Navy? GUT says they'd be beautiful? ? ?

Do hope others reply to my ponder of these new colors?

Frequent Contributor

great ideas -- thank you for posting pic!

Super Contributor

Attention Linea pearls lovers: If you have any favorite color combos - Please share.

Super Contributor

Thank you! Thank you! How interesting, this is so nice. I would have never thought of some of these ways.

Valued Contributor

NBW , I think they misnamed some of these pearls. I got the Seafoam flecked tank and can't believe how gorgeously the "BlueMist" pearls go with it. That said - they also work beautifully with softer blues (with less green~aqua in the mix).

To my surprise, on Easter Sunday, instead of putting the perfectly pink pearls with the Blush and Black jacket - A233851 - which I wore over a black funnel neck pencil-skirted dress - I tried the "MochaMist" pearls. Wow, they looked great just tucked inside the jacket and took on mauvy-pink tones against the Blush. It was a more subtle way to go and I got a lot of compliments on that look. I loved it.

The "Perfectly Pink" pearls - which do nicely with all the Linea perfectly pink - definitely seem to have a touch or a titch of peach in the undertones. I loved the pictures you posted above with combos of ivory/white pearls along with silver. So beautiful.

Super Contributor

NaturalBornWoman, surprisingly, those Mocha Mist Pearls are the only Linea jewelry I own ... one wonders why LOL? You might take a look back at Louis's blog, at the post from a few days ago of the New Ivory Lace Jacket. There's a very good view of the Mocha Mist, Driftwood and Cream (?) pearls draped on that jacket, and I'd say the color of the Mocha Mist (the lighter of the 2 beige colors) is pretty accurate, at least on my monitor. Now Blue Mist ... Louis put on the Seafoam Lace Jacket and said neither the jacket OR the pearls is accurate for color, so I'm still confused about Blue Mist ...

Super Contributor

CathyRD - Just revisited LDO's blog (April archive) for a closer look @ the pearls styled with the Ivory Lace jacket. (He styled the Ivory, Mocha Mist and "Twig" (Driftwood) together.) If he liked the combo, then I more than likely would too! These 'soft', summery colored pearls seem to possess the chameleon effect whereas they take on the colors that they are worn with?! - inherit to the quality of glass & lustre.

And thank you TheOwl for your insight of color as well. Very helpful. You make me want to wear my Pink pearls more often - normally pair them with the Gray or the Navy or my Cream JR for that layered look - hardly wear them on their own & but I should.

Mocha Mist is likely to be my next purchase! Own the faceted Bronze necklace (J284043) - think they would make a great pairing?