Super Contributor

Watching The LRS … GILI Leather Shell Top

Anyone ordering this GILI leather top? A252194. Looks very chic and so my style but am thinking this was the wrong time of year to debut this top. Warmer weather is around the corner and am concerned I won't get much wear out of it until later this year. Leather tends to make you hot while wearing. The professional cleaning is also holding me back. What do you think of the price $129.96 before S&H + tax?

I'm still in deciding mode. Your thoughts? Are you ordering anything from this show tonight? Some cool shoes are debuting tonight too. I won't be ordering those. While cute, I just don't care to spend my money on GILI shoes. Don't understand how LR can promote the GILI shoes so very hard but continues to choose to wear her expensive shoes instead (red soles!). Doesn't make for a good sales schtick.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Watching The LRS … GILI Leather Shell Top

I had wanted to order the leather top but of course my size is already sold out in the color I wanted. QVC never orders enough sizes in the G.I.L.I. items. I own G by Guiliana Rancic sleeveless suede shift dresses and I do not find those pieces hot in the summer and I live in Texas. Now, I haven't worn them in 100 degree heat, but mid-80's I felt fine.

Respected Contributor

Great observation about the Louboutin' s!!!

Valued Contributor

I'm not a fan of leather clothing. I know it is in style but just not for me. I do like the shell design. I do agree it would make more sense if it was debuted in a fall show.

GOOD point about the shoes.

Last year I bought at least one piece of GILI clothing every single LR show. so far, have not bought anything this year...

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/7/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:

... Some cool shoes are debuting tonight too. I won't be ordering those. While cute, I just don't care to spend my money on GILI shoes. Don't understand how LR can promote the GILI shoes so very hard but continues to choose to wear her expensive shoes instead (red soles!). Doesn't make for a good sales schtick.

This is hilarious ... I watched the video of her selling those unattractive strappy shoes while wearing the Louboutins ... the camera tried to stay away from her feet, too! LOL!

Respected Contributor

Are you kidding me? I LOVED it. Leather is about the only thing I am buying these days. I have plenty of dresses, sweaters, corduroys, and jeans. I bought two Isaac sweaters last week and they are already on their way back. I found the cut of those to be very matronly. This leather shell is anything but that. I ordered the saddle and black before the show. Price? It wasn't too bad, considering that if this fits and the quality is good enough, I will be keeping it for years and years. I also got that Mark Zunino lamb leather bolero and it is FABULOUS.

Respected Contributor

I have a couple of black and one dark brown in all leather. The knit side panels might help with the fit. I'd be a buyer for some other colors like a darker blue.

Super Contributor

This was the 1st show I watched with GILI! I was appalled at the prices. A leather shell with ponteknit sides-come on! The knit is going to hold the sweat & then you have to clean it. Huge purses & fashionable shoes- that you can buy on that shoe website (I forgot its name) for $30.00 a pair. This show is a total ripoff and I think it is probably buyer beware!