Contributor

Re: Watching Denim & Co., I think we need some new

I am  glad to see Iam not the only one that feels this way . I really think it has got worse the last year.. They leave nothing to the imagination . I wont name anyone special but some are disguisting ..I feel the pants are the worst. Come on and have some respect for the models .Do not worry so much n the size just waer smething that looks good on you or them..

Contributor

I have to agree Maria always looks good in her size and you never see any lump and bums. She knows how to dress .

Honored Contributor

I agree the QVC stylists do not show much style.  Not only do they put the models in to small clothing, they do the same thing to Carolyn Gracie.  I have also seen them put an outfit together that makes the whole outfit look frumpy, when it actually is not.  Exactly why this is allowed I dont understand.

Blowing out someone elses candle does not make yours burn brighter. (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

It's always bothered me that they don't seem to take the individual into consideration when styling them and I use the word styling very lightly! Just last night they put the medium petite model, Taliah, in a Gili dress that looked spectacular on her! She's not thin but she's beautifully proportioned, though you wouldn't know it, and it should take little effort to put her in something that actually flatters her figure.

@Andreatoo She looked amazing in that dress, even more so than the taller, thinner models. It hugged her curves in all the right places. She really sold it. 

I know the stylists prefer a tighter fit but jackets and button down shirts still should be able to close, and thighs shouldn't bulge out in pants. I wear a 3X and I prefer my a snug fit in pants, but not to the point that my thighs look like they're ready to bust out of the fabric Incredible Hulk style. If stylists are making models wear one to two sizes smaller than they should, they need to stop, especially if QVC doesn't want a lot of returns.

Honored Contributor

What it is girls, I think society has begun to accept that we all don't fit in the same cookie cutter image of yesterday.

My sister just made the comment the other day that when she opened up a Kohl's catalog it seemed to be all plus sizes any more.

Maybe Lizzo has blowed the doors open on the fact that larger people wear clothes, too.

If you notice Denim and Co. have now started making clothes up to 5x and it's proving to be a huge money maker. They blow out the door.

I think once the idea took hold that there's more money in larger sizes that's when now you can dress for the same price of the other end of the chart. At QVC if you wear a 0 or 28 same price.

I think it should be equally divided show the 1x-5x, show the average sizes I'd say 12-18, then show clothes for the 0 to 12. Everybody is included and no discrimination.

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

It's always bothered me that they don't seem to take the individual into consideration when styling them and I use the word styling very lightly! Just last night they put the medium petite model, Taliah, in a Gili dress that looked spectacular on her! She's not thin but she's beautifully proportioned, though you wouldn't know it, and it should take little effort to put her in something that actually flatters her figure.

@Andreatoo She looked amazing in that dress, even more so than the taller, thinner models. It hugged her curves in all the right places. She really sold it. 

@Cumbercookie13 

I'm pretty sure I let out an audible WHOA! when she walked out! And I agree she wore it better than the thin model; definitely a perfect selection for the hourglass figure! But it begs the question: Why aren't they shooting for a flattering fit every time with every model?? Concealing one's curves generally results in making the wearer look larger than they are....and there's a difference between fitted and too tight...

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 

I'm pretty sure I let out an audible WHOA! when she walked out! And I agree she wore it better than the thin model; definitely a perfect selection for the hourglass figure! But it begs the question: Why aren't they shooting for a flattering fit every time with every model?? Concealing one's curves generally results in making the wearer look larger than they are....and there's a difference between fitted and too tight...

@Andreatoo When she came out, I was like, "wow, whoever styled her did a great job!" She looks great in just about everything she wears. I don't know why it's inconsistent. I think for the stylists fitted means try to get it close to the body as possible and instead of complimenting curves models look like sausages ready to bust out of their casings. They should know a balance between fitted and relaxed. And for the smaller, petite models, it sometimes goes the opposite way with them swimming in the clothes.