Regular Contributor

I ordered a pair of Denim and Co. pedal pushers on clearance.  Liked them so went a few days ago to order another pair.  Paid no attention until total came up and I realized total was more than last time.

Q had changed shipping from normal $3.00 to $7.22!  That day the TSV was a sheet set and the shipping on that was only $5.50.  I emailed asking for correction, did not hear back so cancelled before it was shipped.  I know I could have called.  I didn't.  I will find something where I don't have crazy shipping and I don't have to email or call for correction.  As of today there has been no reply to my message.

Just wanted to let people know to watch shipping charges.  They may be changed elsewhere too. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Watch Your Shipping Charges

Shipping is one of QVC's biggest money makers.  In an age when you get free shipping so many places, QVC does't miss a chance to raise shipping. When they nake a big deal about free shipping on an item, I always laugh and wonder what items they just raised shipping on.

Super Contributor

Thank you for the heads up. I always check my shipping charges before checking out. QVC is usually prety reasonable with their charges, but sometimes I think they do charge to much for certain items. It's a good thing you caught it because paying that much for a single clothing item is just way to much

Honored Contributor

I always look at the total amount before I submit an order.  If I'm okay with that, I order.  If not, I don't.

Because varying offers are made from day to day (free S&H, reduced S&H, etc.) I never assume it's going to be the same.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for reminding us.  Sometimes I forget to look.

QVC, with the changes they are making should really consider offering free shipping on absolutely everything or at least 3.00 max.  THAT would bolster more business I think.

But , I am a sucker, I still order all the time.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

While the $7 was clearly an error, I appreciate the heads up, shipping is never free; it's built in to the price of whatever it is you're purchasing.

What I don't understand is you folks that think the Q 'makes money' off of shipping charges?! Have YOU shipped anything lately?? 'small box-flat rate' through the post office is $7.15! (I have stamps dot com on my computer at work). Yes they're getting a reduced rate for their high volume but I can safely say they're not 'making money' on their $3 or $5 shipping fee!

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

While the $7 was clearly an error, I appreciate the heads up, shipping is never free; it's built in to the price of whatever it is you're purchasing.

What I don't understand is you folks that think the Q 'makes money' off of shipping charges?! Have YOU shipped anything lately?? 'small box-flat rate' through the post office is $7.15! (I have stamps dot com on my computer at work). Yes they're getting a reduced rate for their high volume but I can safely say they're not 'making money' on their $3 or $5 shipping fee!

You must not have read the numerous articles about the Q where they SAY that shipping is a money-maker for them.  Plus, because they ship so much, they most certainly get discounts.  I used to work for one of the big companies and the shipping cost reduction was unbelievable (as in about 25% of what the public would pay).  They charge us what "normal" rates would be.  They get the special rates.  

Honored Contributor

@santorini

Please point me to the article where they admit that they don't use the posted shipping charges to pay for shipping.

No I'm not being facetious; I really want to read it

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@santorini

Please point me to the article where they admit that they don't use the posted shipping charges to pay for shipping.

No I'm not being facetious; I really want to read it

Did my note say that?  I said that shipping is a money-maker for them.  Google is your friend.  I don't have time to search the web for you.  When articles are posted here, I read them.  Maybe you could search this forum first to make it easier.

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Plenty of online retailers have actual FREE shipping; not "built into the price."    For instance, if you buy a Dooney handbag from QVC you will pay around $12 shipping.   Direct from Dooney's website, the bag is the SAME price and ships for free.    (See Amazon, Zappos, etc, etc.)