Honored Contributor

Re: Washing Susan Graver liquid knit tops

The dye does run in many of the LK colors.  I've rinsed them in the sink and was really surprised at the amount of color that came off.  I expected them to be colorfast.  They must not wash the fabric after dying and before it's cut.

So - I would suggest you wash them separately a time or two before putting them in the the laundry. 

Occasional Visitor

Everytime I launder a Susan Graver liquid knit item it turns out terrible!  What am I doing wrong?!  I wash in cool/warm water and dry on low heat.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Jenny

Valued Contributor

Omg, I do nothing special with mine. Wash & dry in regular cold water loads. They never look worn, don’t fade or shrink.
Honored Contributor

@Jaynene 

What is the issue -what does "terrible" mean?

What are you putting in the same washer/dryer load?

Do you leave it sitting in the dryer?

My issue with liquid knit is that it's entirely too thin.  It's like a lingerie fabric.  

Honored Contributor

@elruth  I have several of her liquid knit tops.....I wash them together, cold water and put in the dryer for a short time, then either hang or lay flat to finish drying.  I have never had an issue washing any of her clothing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Jaynene 

What is the issue -what does "terrible" mean?

What are you putting in the same washer/dryer load?

Do you leave it sitting in the dryer?

My issue with liquid knit is that it's entirely too thin.  It's like a lingerie fabric.  

@ALRATIBA @Lingerie fabric! Seriously?   Absolutely not true!  Are you sure it's Susan's brand you're talking about?   I have over 100 pieces of her liquid knit and not one of them looks or feels like lingerie.  

To the poster asking about washing her clothes.  All you need to do is wash and hang them up.  It's that simple.   

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 

Yes - it's SG's liquid knit - crop pants that I bought years ago - too thin to wear "in public"  - I wear them as pajama bottoms with a liquid knit tank top - also too thin to wear in public.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Blingqueen023 

Yes - it's SG's liquid knit - crop pants that I bought years ago - too thin to wear "in public"  - I wear them as pajama bottoms with a liquid knit tank top - also too thin to wear in public.

@ALRATIBA @I admit I don't buy her pants in liquid knit for that same reason.  They're not sturdy enough.  You're right about that.  I've only purchased 2 pairs of her pants only because they were mainly a cotton blend and more substantial.   I avoid her liquid knit pants like 'I'm trying to avoid COVID 19.   I only purchase her tops mainly from her modern essentials line.  They're fabulous.