Honored Contributor

One of the reasons I stopped watching Q is I always found myself having to go to the website for details, not just on garments but anything they presented.

Honored Contributor

@software   Me too!  The info is on the website, I can watch the video to see how it looks on the model.  Don't understand watching QVC for "entertainment"????  They're supposed to be selling products which, IMO, they don't do very well.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi The only clothing shows I watch are Denim & Co. and they always discuss the care instructdions pretty thoroughly. Never watched QF.

Honored Contributor

I don't think washing instructions are a big deal to most customers.  Almost everything QVC sells is washable, mostly machine wash.  A few things are to be hung to dry but most can be machine dried.  Read the label when you get it and do as instructed.  What's the big deal?

They aren't going to tell you if it needs to be ironed as that is a matter of preference and not part of care instructions. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I agree - washing instructions aren't a big deal to me.  I check the label when I get the item and then cut the label out.  (I cut out all labels.)

I don't mind "hand wash and lay flat (or hang) to dry."  I don't even mind having to iron clothes.  (They look so much better ironed!)

And, these days "dry clean only" s so rare - no big deal if something has to go to the cleaners.

--------------------------------------------------------

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't think washing instructions are a big deal to most customers.  Almost everything QVC sells is washable, mostly machine wash.  A few things are to be hung to dry but most can be machine dried.  Read the label when you get it and do as instructed.  What's the big deal?

They aren't going to tell you if it needs to be ironed as that is a matter of preference and not part of care instructions. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, they cannot get through the basic description, colors and care of a clothing item because of the chit chat and banter.

Respected Contributor

I think they make sure to say if it's dry clean only (rare these days) but I don't really need to hear washing instructions.  I wash all of my clothing items the same way -- cold water delicate cycle, tumble dry on delicate for less than 5 minutes and then hang to dry completely.  

Respected Contributor
If Washing instructions were that important to me, I’d check the app. Isn’t most of QVC’s stuff machine wash tumble dry? I do hear laundering information given for Barefoot Dreams. Its really the only thing I baby in the wash.
Honored Contributor

I think everyone know it's not the washer, but the dryer that damages clothing.  The drying damages fabric and shrinks them.  No matter the instructions, I wash my clothing in the washer and hang up to dry.  I have never put jeans in a dryer in my life.  They lay flat to dry. My jeans are mostly cotton with very little stretch.  So they'll be ruined in the dryer. If uncertain, just hang it up to dry.

Esteemed Contributor

Whether a garment requires ironing IS part of the care instructions.  I don't own an iron and won't buy any item that has to be ironed.  And, again, I don't want to wait until I receive the item at my home, and have already paid for it, to be able to read the label.  

Washing instructions may not be important to everyone, but they are very important to me.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt