Honored Contributor

I have a pair of non-washable shoes from Bzees that I'm very happy with.  But I'm skeptical of "washable" shoes.  Does anyone own such shoes?  And how do they hold up?  Any special way to wash?  TIA!!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50   I don't have any Bzees but I'd have no problem tossing them into the washer. My husband and I both have lots os skechers and this is the only way we wash these. Pull them out and hang to dry, never a problem and they come out looking like new.

Esteemed Contributor

I wash any fabric shoes with rubber soles.  Toss in the wash and air dry. Been doing this for years, no problems.

Honored Contributor

I wash my non leather & leather Nike sneakers on permenant press in washing machine w/the rest of my "whiite or pastel colored" laundry.   I air dry them right on the windowsill and/or leave them out on the patio to dry.

Always come out like new.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I have two pair of fabric slip ons from Easy Spirit.  No where does it say washable, but I toss them in, air dry them and they come out as new.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50   I have several pairs but my 3 pairs of sandals never needed washing.  I did wash my sneaker type ones and they washed great.

Honored Contributor

Only sneakers ... from LandsEnd.  

I have quite a few pairs in all colors.  I wash them in the bathroom sink - little detergent and a nail brush around the soles.  I wouldn't put them in the washing machine.  They aren't that dirty!  

Hang them on a hook over the tub to dry over night.  

Never had any issue.

==========================

Shoes with white outer soles - I use use the same brush and soapy water to clean the soles ... then follow with white shoe polish. 

I wash all the white shoelaces regularly. 

=========================== 

Shoes that aren't washable - there are suede brushses and shoe polish.  I don't like scruffy shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50. I have several pairs of Bzees.  I put them into the washer and hang to dry.  They hold up very well.  I use the permanent press cycle with warm wash, cold rinse.  These have become my favorite brand.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50  When I was in grammar school (very long time ago) we washed gym shoes (canvas) in the washing machine.  You air dry.   I washed a pair of Sketchers slip on in hot pink but they did fade slightly.  I understand Sketchers now offers washable shoes.  The pair I had washed was spot clean.  I think all canvas shoes should be washable especially since most of them are a light color.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

For me, when I've washed any canvas sneakers or espadrilles, I've done so by hand with a mild detergent like Woolite. Then I stuff w/ newspaper for darker colors & white tissue paper for light colors while air drying. This has prevented any shrinking and helps keep the shape.