Valued Contributor

Warning for curvy Linea Ladies

I ordered the faux washed silk tunic and pants in the larger of my two Linea sizes. The tunic fits over the hips but is too tight for comfort while it's big and loose everywhere else. The pants are taut in the hips but loose in the waist. This set just did not work for my figure. If you have large hips or if your waist is much smaller than your hips, these may not be the best fit for you. The colors were lovely (sea green and slate) but the narrowness of the hips combined with the lack of any stretch makes this impossible for me to comfortably wear. :=(
Valued Contributor

Re: Warning for curvy Linea Ladies

How does the tunic fit across the shoulders and bust? Does it have capacity for a fuller bosom?
Respected Contributor

I agree the colors are wonderful, but my problem was not with the fit (sized up, too), but the fabric. I really wanted to love this set but that poly is cheap-looking/puckers. Just wish QVC would allow their iconic designers the leeway to offer higher quality fabrics. So, instead of "faux" we get the real thing. This outfit in washed silk would have been divine.

Honored Contributor

I never buy anything with faux in the title. Faux =Polyester.

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2014 DiAnne said:

I never buy anything with faux in the title. Faux =Polyester.

You are smartSmiley Happy Never again for me.

Valued Contributor

GraceCo, I found the pants in that set to be too clingy for me, too, although I didn't have a problem with the tunic, which I ordered in my normal size L so the fit was fine, & I haven't experienced any puckering. However, it is a lighter fabric than some of LDO's other silk-like polys, some of which you might like better. I'm thinking specifically of the ikat print pieces from last summer which are really beautiful & are well-suited to taller women in that the skirt is longer, very graceful & fluid, & there are many pieces in the line that you can match to it. The matching top is a tunic with a very flattering shape & neckline. They both have excellent reviews. #s are A233188/A233189. I have the purple/olive skirt & wore it a lot last summer with the espresso chiffon safari shirt/tank set & also bought the pink version of the tunic to wear with jeans & white linen crops.

Super Contributor

Some things just don't work for some people. At least you took a chance and now you know that it's not for you. Don't worry. There's lots more to come to make you happy.

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2014 WNYgal said:

GraceCo, I found the pants in that set to be too clingy for me, too, although I didn't have a problem with the tunic, which I ordered in my normal size L so the fit was fine, & I haven't experienced any puckering. However, it is a lighter fabric than some of LDO's other silk-like polys, some of which you might like better. I'm thinking specifically of the ikat print pieces from last summer which are really beautiful & are well-suited to taller women in that the skirt is longer, very graceful & fluid, & there are many pieces in the line that you can match to it. The matching top is a tunic with a very flattering shape & neckline. They both have excellent reviews. #s are A233188/A233189. I have the purple/olive skirt & wore it a lot last summer with the espresso chiffon safari shirt/tank set & also bought the pink version of the tunic to wear with jeans & white linen crops.

WNYgal, thank you for the suggestions--so sweet of youSmiley Happy I'll check out those ikat prints! I also just ordered the new maxis with matching shells in all three colors, so I'm crossing my fingers those work. Already got the shells and they are great--if the skirts fit, I can see this outfit becoming my spring/summer "uniform" with sandals or ballet flats. I do wish the tunic were a bit heavier because I loved the fit, but that poly fabric, and especially those poly pants clung to my legs. I got so fed up, I sent both tunics and pants back (rare for me). So, I'm still on the hunt and I'm SURE there will be much more to tempt me in the coming months!

I have to ask--and I hope it's not inappropriate--but does the WNY in your name stand for West New York, NJ? I grew up in NJ (born in Jersey City) and worked at Holthausen's in the bridal department when I was in college. I'm sure it's closed by now, but that was one of the old style iconic department stores. I loved working bridal--so much fun. And, my aunt worked in an embroidery shop in WNY. Anyway...just curious.

Respected Contributor

I had to return and edit my comments. I stated my tunics had no cling. Well, that was just from taking one out of the package, steaming it, and wearing it for an hour around the house. Last night I washed all 3 and steamed out the wrinkles. I decided to wear one today and it is clinging like crazy! Ugh. I don't have any StaticGuard, so I turned it inside out and sprayed hair spray. That worked for about 2 minutes. Darn. I really loved the shape of these and the colors. Maybe I'll wait til I can get some StaticGuard to see if that works.

Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2014 GraceCO said:
On 3/8/2014 WNYgal said:

WNYgal, thank you for the suggestions--so sweet of youSmiley Happy I'll check out those ikat prints! I also just ordered the new maxis with matching shells in all three colors, so I'm crossing my fingers those work. Already got the shells and they are great--if the skirts fit, I can see this outfit becoming my spring/summer "uniform" with sandals or ballet flats. I do wish the tunic were a bit heavier because I loved the fit, but that poly fabric, and especially those poly pants clung to my legs. I got so fed up, I sent both tunics and pants back (rare for me). So, I'm still on the hunt and I'm SURE there will be much more to tempt me in the coming months!

I have to ask--and I hope it's not inappropriate--but does the WNY in your name stand for West New York, NJ? I grew up in NJ (born in Jersey City) and worked at Holthausen's in the bridal department when I was in college. I'm sure it's closed by now, but that was one of the old style iconic department stores. I loved working bridal--so much fun. And, my aunt worked in an embroidery shop in WNY. Anyway...just curious.

GraceCo, WNY is the abbr. for Western New York, land of my birth though no longer my home. It's that part of the state so often confused by everyone in the NYC/downstate area as Upstate, but it's basically everything west of the Finger Lakes. There are actually a few of us among the Linea Ladies, but we try not to talk about chicken wings.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}